Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
Yup, thats right as I understand it LibreElec suffers from a memory leak whereby after you stop playing video streams the CPU doesnt free up the RAM that was allocated while the stream was playing, it becomes worse if you have librarys with lots of thumbnails as your memory usage will creep up , eventually the box will run out of RAM and crash. This issues affects the 1Gb RAM boxes much more because they have less RAM to begin with it fills up quicker.
This is a general Amlogic / LibreElec thing so every Amlogic device is affected not just really cheap budget devices Odroid, wetek, etc etc also have the same issue under LibreElec. Personally I havent been affected by this issue, as I generally dont leave my device on 24/7 I switch it off when I've finished watching , you'll see the issue more frequently if you leave the device on 24/7 . So yes, dont buy a 1Gb RAM device defiinitely go for 2Gb or more.

S905 vs S905X not much in it, S905X supports VP9 and HDR support. Some devices had issues with WiFi and Bluetooth drivers not being avialable for LibreElec so if your buying S905x make sure to do some reading first, but other than that I think S905X video playback support is coming along well for S905X devices, and as the price difference between S905 and S905X is minimal...infact theyre about the same price sometime S905X is actually cheaper when on offer, may be worth going for S905X instead. S905 support is still better but the gap is closing.. Yes, no S912 dev support for LibreElec at this point...so best off avoided for now..

I have a S905X device on order, awaiting delivery, I didnt really need it but it was on promotion and the price was good...(almost 50% cheaper than what I paid for my S905 box, 6 months ago) I'll stick LibreElec on when it arrives and have a play.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by gsmtech - 2016-11-24, 13:44
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6