Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
The WiFi drivers for Aigale chipsets as used on the Beelink MiniMX III II are now included in kszaqs LibreElec builds, so the WiFi is working out od the box on LibreElec. The S905X devices that are supported in LibreElec now generally work fine and you get extra codec support VP9 etc, so theres probably no need to look for older S905 devices anymore....other than if yuo want Gigabit LAN, I donty seem to come across S905X devices with Gigabit LAN.

I recieved a S905X MiniM8S II (2G/16G) device which I managed to get a very good price just before black friday, LibreElec runs very well on this device it's also faster to boot and use in normal operation than my S905 MiniMX as well...not sure why this is..maybe faster flash memory or RAM. The downsides compared to s905 MiniMX , is that I only have 100meg LAN and 2.4ghz wifi, on the MiniM8s vs gigabit LAN and dual band WiFi on the MiniMX. But so far I've noticed no disadvantages to 100meg LAN and 2.4ghz WiFi in usage, I have streamed 1080P HD content over WiFi with no issues. Almost all of my contect is streamed from online , i.e: I dont have much local content on my LAN or NAS so 100meg ethernet more than adequate... Especially when I only paid 25 GBP delivered....astonoshing price/performance ratio.

Intrestingly the case for the MiniM8S II is almost exactly the same as the MiniMX in terrms of shape, size, location of ports etc..The only minor difference is the MiniM8SII has rounded corners and the remote control is better than the one bundled with thw MiniMX. The power suipplies are exactly the same.. The MiniM8S II appears to be a MBOX accoridng to boot logo, intrestingly, it also displays a Google TV boot logo before the MBOX boot logo.

The bad points, the standard android build, came with kodi jarvis preinstalled wiith all manner of banned plugins, and the version of Kodi itself seemed to hang when you tried to exit it. However easy to uninstall that version of Kodi, which also deletes all the plugins and install official versions from play store of Kodi and SPMC, the official versions run fine with no hangiing on exit. As previusly mentioned though, LibreElec is my preferred kodi platform and the latest 7.0.3.10 build works extremely well , I'm running the 32 bit build and the memory leak issue seems to be be fixed Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by gsmtech - 2016-12-12, 13:57
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6