• 56(current)
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
AMLogic Android Marshmallow has broken 10bit HEVC / HDR Kodi playback, same results as you will see on the S905X Marshmallow - Mi Box.
It why AMLogic Android Lollipop Boxes are better at this point in time for Android Kodi compatibility.

The MX Player App will play that 10bit HEVC combo correctly from a directly connected Hard Drive, not over a Network.

(2016-12-13, 17:36)wrxtasy Wrote: AMLogic Android Marshmallow has broken 10bit HEVC / HDR Kodi playback, same results as you will see on the S905X Marshmallow - Mi Box.
It why AMLogic Android Lollipop Boxes are better at this point in time for Android Kodi compatibility.

The MX Player App will play that 10bit HEVC combo correctly from a directly connected Hard Drive, not over a Network.

10bit hevc work just fine with amlogic s905x,im not sure about hdr becouse I don't have tv with hdr option,(maybe is broken with xiaomi tv (need sw update))I don't like amlogic s905 s905x with 1gb ram ...
S905X does output HDR in Android. I have tested a Mini M8S II, but can't remember now whether it gets stuck in HDR mode after the playback has ended. I am not sure whether LibreELEC now supports HDR output or not. It didn't when I tested couple of months back.

(2016-12-13, 16:51)wrxtasy Wrote: Colorspace output is wrong with HDR10 on S905 on my Non HDR TV - colors appears washed out compared to the S905X Xiaomi Mi Box playing the same clips on the same TV where colors appear normal.
Does your non-HDR TV support wide color gamut (Rec. 2020). In other words, can you enable deep color mode on your Mi box at 4K?
My tv is hdr-capable and I've tried playing hdr files on the Beelink MXIII II (s905x) under Android. They play and look ok. But the same files viewed on YouTube through my tv's native app look a lot better than just 'ok'. I've tried every combination of settings there is.
(2016-12-14, 00:28)dWooluf Wrote: My tv is hdr-capable and I've tried playing hdr files on the Beelink MXIII II (s905x) under Android. They play and look ok. But the same files viewed on YouTube through my tv's native app look a lot better than just 'ok'. I've tried every combination of settings there is.

You have 4k tv with hdr ?Youtube on beelink mini mxiii ii is 1080p max
(2016-12-14, 09:02)Bajann Wrote: You have 4k tv with hdr ?Youtube on beelink mini mxiii ii is 1080p max

Yes. 4k, hdr and has its own app for YouTube. It's a 55" Samsung and it cost me a third of the 42" tv it replaced. It's ridiculous what you get for your money with televisions these days. Unfortunately it doesn't give you any indication that the source is hdr.
A budget S912 box - Kodi 17 ?
(2016-12-14, 15:19)elmobo Wrote: A budget S912 box - Kodi 17 ?

First post
Don't rely on flashy tech specs and over the top marketing on any brand new dirt cheap Android device particularly when it comes to AMLogic Android devices. If you want a painful Kodi combo, with a whole host of bugs, the S912 box is the device to get.

Read the START HERE thread bottom of the page in the News Flash section.

(2016-12-14, 16:08)wrxtasy Wrote: Don't rely on flashy tech specs and over the top marketing on any brand new dirt cheap Android device particularly when it comes to AMLogic Android devices. If you want a painful Kodi combo, with a whole host of bugs, the S912 box is the device to get.

Thanks for the reposnse.

I did read the first post before posting !

Didn't find any suggestion to match my criteria.

I take it that you suggest to choose a 905X box instead of a S912 (eg Beelink MINI MXIII II that is mentioned above)?
Hello everyone

I am looking to buy some budget S905 TV box some of which are recommended herein.
I want to connect HDMI to my TV and audio(stereo,3.5mm) to my stereo so i am looking only for devices with AV out.

But searching the internet I see mixed claims,some say that AV out dont work when HDMI cable is connected and some say its working.

So I thought this was the best place to ask,is it possible to set up in TV box Android system or in LE(preferable) and if is with which TV box it works for sure?

Thanks in advance.
Quote:Thanks for the reposnse.

I take it that you suggest to choose a 905X box instead of a S912 (eg Beelink MINI MXIII II that is mentioned above)?

From 1st post: "Do not buy any S912-based boxes as all boxes based on Android lack proper framerate support and have lots of other issues. Here's an example. And, there's no LibreELEC option. Why? Read here."
(2016-12-14, 16:51)pszab Wrote:
Quote:Thanks for the reposnse.

From 1st post: "Do not buy any S912-based boxes as all boxes based on Android lack proper framerate support and have lots of other issues. Here's an example. And, there's no LibreELEC option. Why? Read here."

Got that !!! No S912 box !!!
(2016-12-14, 16:33)elmobo Wrote:
(2016-12-14, 16:08)wrxtasy Wrote: Don't rely on flashy tech specs and over the top marketing on any brand new dirt cheap Android device particularly when it comes to AMLogic Android devices. If you want a painful Kodi combo, with a whole host of bugs, the S912 box is the device to get.

Thanks for the reposnse.

Beelink Mini MX III II S905X - is known to work well with kszaqs libre elec builds, the WiFi driver issue has now mostly been solved. But be awate bluetooth does not work on this box in libre elec, so if you need bluetooth dont buy this box.

There are several S905 and S905X devices that work very well with LibreElec for Kodi usage , have a read on the Libre Elec forums, or try one of these boxes that are reported to work, however do yuor own research first, as china suppliers sometimes change intenal components without notice !

Beelink MiniMX S905 1GB/8GB
MiniMX v1.0 S905 2GB/16GB
Beelink MiniMXIII S905 2GB/16GB
Beelink M18 S905 2GB/16GB
Mini M8S S905 1GB/8GB
MXQ Pro S905 1GB/8GB
Nexbox MXQ Pro S905 1GB/8GB
Sunvell T95 S905 1GB/8GB
Sunvell T95 S905 2GB/8GB
Tanix TX3 S905 1GB/8GB

Mini M8S II S905X 1GB/8GB
Mini M8S II S905X 2GB/8GB
Mini M8S II S905X 2GB/16GB
Nexbox A5 S905X 2GB/16GB
Nexbox A95X-B7N S905X 2GB/16GB
Sunvell T95X S905X 1GB/8GB
Sunvell T95X S905X 2GB/8GB
Scishion V88 Pro S905X 1GB/8GB
Tanix TX3 Pro S905X 1GB/8GB
Tanix TX5 S905X 2GB/8GB
Tanix TX5 Pro S905X 2GB/16GB
Beelink MiniMXIII II S905X 2GB/16GB (no bt drivers)
@hdmkv: post#1 - Minix U1 only has S905 SoC. It doesn't have Dolby or DTS hardware decoder.
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6