Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
Thanks... I'll look into this ROM. With these cheap Chinese S905/S905X boxes however, dual boot isn't as easy as with WeTek Hub/Play2.

(2017-01-06, 11:41)JustAnotherUser Wrote: Out of curiosity, what bitrate does it start to choke on?
Tried several full BD rips (some ISO, some MKV), and they all played almost instantly. With bitrate clips (Birds, Jellyfish), anything above 40Mbps to 80Mbps starts paused, with cache filling to 100%, then plays okay. Anything above 80Mbps seems to have more trouble.

(2017-01-06, 10:45)darkal1en Wrote: I have an M8S II that I bought from gearbest to try Libreelec, however I have been unable to find clear simple instructions on how to install LE on a micro sd card so I can boot LE from this. Can you advise me where I can find simple instructions easy for a noob like me to follow?
This is just for the M8S II S905X 2GB RAM version...
  1. Download this file, and unzip to get LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0.3.011.img
  2. Download this file, unzip, and rename the .dtb file to simply dtb.img
  3. Download Win32 Disk Imager, insert mSD card into PC, and open. Write LibreELEC-S905.arm-7.0.3.011.img to mSD
  4. Now copy over dtb.img to mSD, overwriting default dtb.img there
  5. With power unplugged on M8S II unit, insert mSD card, then with toothpick in recovery hole in bottom, plug power. Hold toothpick in hole until LibreELEC logo appears, then pull out
  6. Go through LE wizard, enabling SSH in the process, then note IP address

// Rest is optional, but provides better performance //
  7. Download PuTTY and open it. Type in IP address and click 'Open'. Type "root" for login, and "libreelec" for password (w/o quotes for both)
  8. To move LE to internal NAND (wiping out Android OS), simply type the command installtointernal
  9. After you reboot, LE will now boot up from NAND, and you can pop the mSD card out
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by hdmkv - 2017-01-06, 20:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6