Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2017-02-01, 10:25)chewitt Wrote: @vibe666

The hardware is probably okay but our experience of the management behind the product hasn't been too great. Their "promotions" (aka support) team registered a number of accounts in the LE forum and started to copy/paste large texts full of URL links in response to any mention of KV and also started to troll other threads as users with "..have you considered this product, it looks suitable" etc. which resulted in our moderation team banning shill "user" accounts and placing a word filter on the forum so Khadas appears as ****** so that anything we've missed doesn't result in a boost to their Google page ranking. One of their accounts (same name we see github commits and the domain reg. in) was left open and we've PM'd a list of conditions for removing the filter if they are interested in redeeming themselves.

On the software side their github repo (which they were so keen to promote) contains a "greatest hits" of community patches for Amlogic devices along with some interesting revert errors so I'd be surprised if it boots and I doubt their LE image runs Kodi particularly well. The only major positive I can say about KV is their behaviour and messy repo has made our team think more seriously about how to handle third parties who misuse our brand. As things currently stand LE does not want to be associated with their attempt at our software.

Caveat Emptor.

Hi, Chewitt:
This is Gouwa from Khadas team. First of all, I'm so sorry for the wrong promotion ways our guys did, and I have told them to stop similar promotion ways, so things like that will never happen again.

I'm also a developer before and now, honestly speaking, I'm also quite hate thus promotion information when I search and view necessary contents on pages. I should take more time on Kodi & LE community, so I could found this problem and stop it earlier. So, sorry here again.

In the future, Khadas team will keep opening, and will do our best to provide better products and user experience. At the same time, our team will also try to take part in the Kodi & LE open source community.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by gouwa - 2017-02-28, 18:26
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6