Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options
(2017-06-06, 22:38)JCreeny Wrote:
(2017-06-06, 16:47)tmihai20 Wrote: I do not want to make you change your mind, but an oDroid C2 would be just as good. You want it to be as cheap as possible?

Open to all advice as you know better than me. The last few pages of this thread rave about the device.

I gather this is the baby;

http://auseparts.com.au/index.php?route=...uct_id=357

but you need to buy the Wifi module separately? This will leave 3 x USBs so will have to use a hub (powered) to fit all 5 drives. Any recommendations of cover (from same website, local)? Boot off UHS-1 SD.

Libreelec is meant to auto update, will have to read up on that and check the Odroid/Libreelec forum.

Anything else I need to know?

Just as other users said, you must not rely on WiFi for your needs if you want it to run as smooth as possible. You only need to buy a case and a microSD card. You need a powered USB hub anyway. I recommended it because you will use a microSD card anyway to boot LibreElec or OpenElec. oDroid C2 has Gigabit Ethernet, which is a lot better than all the 100 Mbit Ethernet out there on the other boxes. I read on the oDroid forum that they will probably release a successor to C2 this year, but they did not say when. I would have chosen it if I did not want a box that can have an internal HDD inside it (I have a Q10 Pro with Android).
Gadget enthusiast
Kodi player on an oDroid N2 4 GB with latest stable CoreElec
Sony Bravia KD-55XF9005

Messages In This Thread
RE: Budget AML S905 Boxes Shootout! - by 808? - 2016-06-14, 07:02
RE: Budget AMLogic S905/S905X/S912 Media Player Options - by tmihai20 - 2017-06-07, 09:33
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Budget AMLogic S9xx Media Player Options6