Direct sound Wasapi setting won't hold
Hi all, when I'm using Kodi on Windows 10 the audio output setting always defaults to Direct sound for my Denon AVR. However, I can only get HD audio codecs to pass through if the output is set to Wasapi. Is there any way to permanently set it to Wasapi. I have to select it every time I start xbmc which is a real pain!
Any help would be appreciated!
I had problems like that with Win7 when I would turn my AVR off before turning off/suspending my Kodi box.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
Run through this and see if it helps, especially the windows sound settings http://kodi.wiki/view/Windows_audio
(2016-01-11, 21:07)Lucasdude Wrote: Hi all, when I'm using Kodi on Windows 10 the audio output setting always defaults to Direct sound for my Denon AVR. However, I can only get HD audio codecs to pass through if the output is set to Wasapi. Is there any way to permanently set it to Wasapi. I have to select it every time I start xbmc which is a real pain!
Any help would be appreciated!

I think Kodi is losing the connection to AVR and assuming it is off, but I could be wrong. If this is the case, the Denon usually becomes unavailable and another device is selected. Regardless, an EDID override might be the solution:

HOW TO - Fix Loss of HDMI Audio After Resume from Sleep Using an EDID Override
Setting the audio device to "WASAPI: default" worked for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Direct sound Wasapi setting won't hold0