Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary
(2017-06-02, 17:11)jjd-uk Wrote: As it happens the scrapers are in the process of being reworked, and nfo support is still to be added to the new scrapers so it would be good to know what you define as proper artist.nfo files and how you create them, I'll leave you in Dave's capable hands on exactly what he needs.

Thank you for your response. I used the Wiki page on music nfo's as a guide. I create the nfo files in notepad or gEdit depending on which platform I am using when I add the music files to my library. If the artist is listed on Musicbrainz, the nfo file just contains the url to the artist's page. If they are not listed there or I want to add additional information, my nfo files contain the following text:

Code:
<artist>
  <name>Bodyslam</name>
  <genre>Thai Rock</genre>
  <formed>2002</formed>
  <biography>The band is best known by the unique voice of the leading vocalist, Athiwara Khongmalai, and the band's live performances. Formed in 2002 from members of the band La-On (ละอ่อน), Bodyslam has gone on to be one of the most sucessful Thai rock bands.</biography>
  <album>
    <title>Bodyslam</title>
    <year>2002</year>
  </album>
  <album>
    <title>Drive</title>
    <year>2003</year>
  </album>
  <album>
    <title>Believe</title>
    <year>2005</year>
  </album>
  <album>
    <title>Save My Life</title>
    <year>2007</year>
  </album>
  <album>
    <title>Play Project</title>
    <year>2009</year>
  </album>
  <album>
    <title>คราม Kraam</title>
    <year>2010</year>
  </album>
  <album>
    <title>Dharmajāti</title>
    <year>2014</year>
  </album>

</artist>
http://musicbrainz.org/artist/3330d920-689e-40aa-94cf-96a86217272a

I have been in contact with Dave and hope to give him the information he needs in the next day or so.
And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music Improvements Summary - by DaveBlake - 2016-01-20, 17:26
RE: Music Improvements Summary - by DaveBlake - 2016-01-20, 17:28
RE: Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary - by linesma - 2017-06-02, 17:20
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary7