Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary
As a product I love Kodi, but as a music player it leaves me seriously wanting... Kodi does all of what I need as a video player, it is just the music player GUI that leaves me feeling less than enthused.
I have a invested a LOT of money in audio hardware, I am often seeking the most out of the music player I can get. So if I am doing a back to back listen test comparing audio files, or just want to know which version of the file I have selected, it takes a lot of effort to find out more detailed information.
I have no issue with navigating to a particular song I might want to play. It would be hard to make that part much simpler (fewer clicks), but to get additional information I have to left arrow over to Options, the press several button up or down / left right to get to the Now Playing information. Then when you get to the information it is contained in a little strip along the bottom (hard to see without walking up to the screen), which only stays there for a few seconds and then takes you to a blank blue screen. To get back to the information I want to see I have to hit the return button, then press another 10 buttons to get back to seeing it for a few seconds.
What would be really great is if the information including streaming bit rate filled the whole screen in an attractive way and stayed on there. What would be bees knees is if the navigation buttons were moved to the Now Playing screen so you could pause, stop, forward, back etc from that screen. Maybe even toggle the lyrics on and off from that screen as well. All the stuff is there it just needs someone with the GUI coding ability to organize it in a way that feels professional and informative.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music Improvements Summary - by DaveBlake - 2016-01-20, 17:26
RE: Music Improvements Summary - by DaveBlake - 2016-01-20, 17:28
RE: Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary - by Bad Wolf - 2021-11-25, 15:11
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary7