Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary
Talking about tags, as i reload my huge music database, i found a tag available in MP3TAG called "ALBUMSORT"

Including this into core as a sort function might really come in handy for different situations.

First of all, it would supply a sort function equal to the video section's movie collection where you can sort movies in a preferred order like Matrix 1, Matrix 2 & Matrix 3.
Second, sorting by year works as long as the releases of an artist came out in different years, but often there is output done in the same year (e.g. some singles/maxis came out before the album and you want to show that correct order in your library)
Third, remastered versions / remixes naturally come out later than the original release, mostly after some other releases are done before, and i'd like to group them together - which breaks the year sorting
Forth, compilations often come out more than once a year, but the naming scheme isn't always is like e.g Trancemaster 1, Trancemaster 2, Trancemaster 3 and so on. Instead they might use Trancemaster - The Beginning, Trancemaster - Another Era <- this will put the second one at first place which is incorrect. Here the use of ALBUMSORT can improve a lot.

In general, ALBUMSORT might be a great addition to whichever sorting method a user prefers as a way to customize it a bit further. And in my opinion ALBUMSORT is the next logical step after enabling ARTISTSORT and ALBUMARTISTSORT as a core sorting method.

What do you think?
cheers,azido :;):

Messages In This Thread
RE: Music Improvements Summary - by DaveBlake - 2016-01-20, 17:26
RE: Music Improvements Summary - by DaveBlake - 2016-01-20, 17:28
RE: Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary - by azido - 2022-06-09, 10:12
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music New Features/Improvements Request Summary7