Fanart already tagged to an MP4 - Quick Final response Required Please Thanks
Afternoon - just a quick 'great product' shout before I start.

I've been replacing my local NAS and whilst doing so have been using mp3tag to 'tag' .mp4 files with a fanart image of my choosing. I've done that for both 'official' movies and home movies.

Within windows the image for each movie is unique rather than using a global icon for the .mp4 type.

I've then added a link to this folder uinder Videos -> files -> Network NAS etc from within Kodi (15.1 Windows 8.1 & MrMC 1.2 (APPTV)) - the movies unsurprisingly all show up and stream great however the already embedded image doesn't show and I suspect the app is looking for moviename.jpg or folder.jpg etc. If I turn on the scrapers the 'official' movies are updated as expected but obviously home moveis are not.

So...

I suspect Kodi / MrMC are working fine but is there a way to simply use the embedded image already assoicated with the file rather than have to manage individual .jpg files locally or use one of the scrapers?

Any thoughts / comments appreciated as always,

Best Wishes, The Ballazz.....
Morning all.

I appreciate my post is probably not exactly a high priority - anyone had any thoughts?

Or could someone explain to me why the tagged mp4 files don't display as things stand now.

Just to confirm - I've used mp3tag to 'overlay' an image (.jpg) on all of my mp4 files. Via windows explorer or even on the LGTV (DLNA) 'share' the file displays accordingly - in other words the file displays with the image I have used to tag. The files display correctly within Kodi - but the image I've used isn't present. The scrapers work fine but use the image they want to.

Any information appreciated,

Regards, The Ballazz.
Tags inside a video file are not read by kodi at all (sadly).
Thanks for the reply DH.

OK understood - perhaps one for the development team to look at then - at a suitable time of course?

May I just confirm that for now the only way for local jpg files to be used would be to:

a) create a folder for each 'movie' named accordingly. e.g. Movie called '123', folder called '123'
b) Within the folder ensure the .mp4 file is named the same, e.g. 123.mp4
c) Within the folder a .jpg named the same, e.g. 123.jpg

Do I then simply point to the root directory where all of the folders are located? Do I need to do anything else in order for info to be pulled across?

Many thanks once more,

The Ballazz....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Fanart already tagged to an MP4 - Quick Final response Required Please Thanks0