Android Noob trying to setup network storage - lost!
Hi, everyone. New to Android forum. This may be somewhat outside of this forum's interest and if so I apologize.
I just setup a Fire TV (not stick) with Kodi Isenguard 15.2. It is working good. Now I am trying to find a way to view my ripped DVDs stored on a 2tb USB hard drive formatted as extFat32 and plugged into USB port on my Asus RT-N66U router that has some capability to do this. I have no idea how to get this to work, its all greek to me. I would also like to be able to access this disk on my windows version of Kodi (15.2). The Asus router has options under the USB Applications tab in Setup for Media Server config with selections of "Itunes Server": (Enable iTunes Server On/Off) and "Media Server": (Enable DLNA Server On/Off, Media Server Name and Media Server Status). There's also tabs for "Network Place (SAMBA) Share" and "FTP Share". Anyone have any experience with setting up this type of network storage and getting it to work with Kodi?
Help much appreciated.
I don't own this router but with SAMBA (in KODI: SMB share) it should work. This method allowes KODI to directly access the file. FTP should not be used in this case.

After you have setup SMB Share on your router, go to KODI.
Within KODI: browse the network and search for SMB, it should show your router and its folders on it. You maybe have to specify a username and a password.
Kodi 15.2 @ Android TV (Nvidia Shield)
PVR Backend: DVBLink/ DVBLogic with DigitalDevices 2xDVB-S & 2xDVB-C,CI DeltaCamTwin @ UM02 & HD02
Media Backend: EMBY
Thanks, datranquil. That's what I needed - ,where to start and with which method. I appreciate it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Noob trying to setup network storage - lost!0