• 20(current)
[HOW TO] Library Node Examples
(2022-11-10, 04:45)LivingInthepast Wrote: add a pic instead of an icon
The 'icon' designation can be any jpeg or png file; with the moniker 'folder.jpg' & 'poster.jpg' in the local folder will show (videoname-poster & videoname-thumb are also supported in some skins and views) along with the fanart. The URL designation only works within the .nfo and is not part of the Video nodes (wiki) specification.

Suggest direct download & insertion of the pix etc. into the target folder Artwork (wiki)
@PatK 
- When you say "local folder", do you mean ~/userdata/library/video?
- Is it possible to reference a jpg/png file from ~/media (and subfolders? like /icons?) just by typing its filename without the path? In other words, does Kodi auto-complete the default images path when reading nodes as it does when it reads skins ---where, for example, Fonts.xml references Arial.ttf which is a file contained not within the skin in use, not even within ~/userdata, but in kodi system folder?
(2022-11-19, 12:16)DiMag Wrote: - When you say "local folder", do you mean ~/userdata/library/video?
The folder that contains the video. (sorry for a delay, had some hardware issues).
(2022-11-19, 12:16)DiMag Wrote: In other words, does Kodi auto-complete
No auto complete, full paths must be specified. Might be a good idea to explain what you're trying to achieve, let see if we can come up with solution.
Scratching my head over this!
As a test, I created a tag called 'Follow' for three of my Music Videos within Music Videos for a single Artist.
I then created a node called 'TESTING' as follows:

<node type="filter">
    <label>TESTING</label>
    <content>musicvideos</content>
    <rule field="tag" operator="contains">
        <value>Follow</value>
    </rule>
    <match>any</match>
    <group>artists</group>
</node>

When I add the node as a menu item in my skin (Aeon MQ8), I see the Artist, but when I go into Artist I see all Music Videos for this Artist, not just the three I'm expecting to see.
Can anybody see what I've done wrong in the node please? I just want to show the three I've tagged.

Thanks
I want a custom video mode to open Favourites. My aim is to have the same effect as a submenu button with <action>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</action> but instead from calling it from the main menu include it in a customized video node.

I created a folder type node with path <path>favourites://</path>. It listed my favourites, but  couldn't open any of the listed items.

Any help?
(2022-12-19, 15:30)Chalklands Wrote: Scratching my head over this!
As a test, I created a tag called 'Follow' for three of my Music Videos within Music Videos for a single Artist.
I then created a node called 'TESTING' as follows:

<node type="filter">
    <label>TESTING</label>
    <content>musicvideos</content>
    <rule field="tag" operator="contains">
        <value>Follow</value>
    </rule>
    <match>any</match>
    <group>artists</group>
</node>

When I add the node as a menu item in my skin (Aeon MQ8), I see the Artist, but when I go into Artist I see all Music Videos for this Artist, not just the three I'm expecting to see.
Can anybody see what I've done wrong in the node please? I just want to show the three I've tagged.

Thanks
Does anybody know what is going on here? Is there another thread I should be posting this question to?
I have a similar issue. I have separate source folders for short clips and long concert videos, and I have created custom nodes to filter for the path to have both sections (short clips and long concerts) separated in Kodi. The artist list is indeed filtered as expected, but when entering an artist all videos, short clips and long concerts, of this artist are shown. Obviously the filter rule is applied to the node itself, but not to the result.

Recently I made a few experiments, and this issue seems to be specific to the music videos section (perhaps because it uses the music database, not the video database?); at least in movies I can create separate sections, and in each of those the 'directors' node is filtered correctly and shows correctly filtered results.

I suspect a bug here.

There is another issue (bug maybe): When entering a custom node (I had modified my main menu for this) and exiting it via the two dots at the top of the list (not via return key) Kodi exits to some default node (which is not filtered at all), not to my filtered custom node structure. I have to step up one more level via the two dots at the top of the list, which brings me to the video section. Entering from here back into music videos finally brings my to my custom node structure. (BTW, this second issue happens with 'movies' as well.)

This severely limits the usability of the custom nodes for me.
(2023-01-13, 17:49)vonson Wrote: This severely limits the usability of the custom nodes for me.
And for me.
(2023-01-13, 17:49)vonson Wrote: Recently I made a few experiments, and this issue seems to be specific to the music videos section (perhaps because it uses the music database, not the video database?); at least in movies I can create separate sections, and in each of those the 'directors' node is filtered correctly and shows correctly filtered results.

I suspect a bug here.

1) Music videos use the video database not the music database, although I did add some crossover between the two for v19.
2) If there is a bug, please raise it in the forum (or on github if it is actually a bug and not a feature request) in a new thread, with instructions on how to replicate the issue and back it up with a debug log (wiki) etc.  Feel free to ping me in that thread so that I see it.
3) If it's actually a feature request, please raise that in the relevant part of the forum and maybe it'll get looked at.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2022-12-06, 20:08)PatK Wrote:
(2022-11-19, 12:16)DiMag Wrote: - When you say "local folder", do you mean ~/userdata/library/video?
The folder that contains the video. (sorry for a delay, had some hardware issues).
(2022-11-19, 12:16)DiMag Wrote: In other words, does Kodi auto-complete
No auto complete, full paths must be specified. Might be a good idea to explain what you're trying to achieve, let see if we can come up with solution.
SOLVED. I put the image file I chose in $HOME_DIR/media/icons (the /icons subfolder was not necessary, but it helps keeping things tidy) and then input the full path to that image file. It is a better option than putting the image file in the skin folder for this way it is available to every skin you use.
(2022-12-19, 15:30)Chalklands Wrote: As a test, I created a tag called 'Follow' for three of my Music Videos 
<node type="filter">
    <match>any</match>
</node>
Is the syntax <match>any</match> correct? In the playlists documentation of the wiki there are only two values listed: one & all; any isn't listed.
(2022-10-31, 11:20)LivingInthepast Wrote: Would like some help please. Kodi/Trakt mark things as played when they are not. What I need is some help locating these.  How do I write a script using the Last Played value. I need to be able to set this as NULL but cant get it to work. I checked the NFOs that were marked as played in error and each of them have a single playcount but no lastplayed value. Can anyone help me please on the right way to do this ?

<name>Last Played List</name>
    <match>all</match>
    <rule field="lastplayed" operator="inthelast">
        <value>NULL</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="playcount" operator="is">
        <value>1</value>
    </rule>
Try <value>|NONE|</value>.
(2023-02-13, 13:38)DiMag Wrote:
(2022-12-19, 15:30)Chalklands Wrote: As a test, I created a tag called 'Follow' for three of my Music Videos 
<node type="filter">
    <match>any</match>
</node>
Is the syntax <match>any</match> correct? In the playlists documentation of the wiki there are only two values listed: one & all; any isn't listed.
I'll investigate. Thanks for the reply
I've been trying to read and follow some threads here, but my knowledge is a stumbling block so I'm just going to ask, hope someone can help and continue reading.

So. I have two sources going into my music library for music and spoken word. I have created 2 music and spokenword nodes that split these out from my music library. 
I now want a widget that only shows the genres from the spoken word node. I set up a new node for genres.

Content:Artist
Grouping:Genre
Rule: Path 'contains smb:// etc looking at the music source

This finds exactly what I want but takes a longish time to load up. Theres roughly 12 genres spread over 3000 tracks. Is this usual or am I approaching this incorrectly. Once loaded I can select something but when i go back to that screen it has to load the widget again. or if im in estuary, load the list again when I enter the new node.

Hope someone can help me get the best approach whilst I continue investigating.
@Ceefaxer A guy in the Xonfluence thread reports the same issue: A filter implemented as smart playlist or node and working reasonably fast becomes maddeningly slow when this playlist/node is called as a widget.
  • 20(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HOW TO] Library Node Examples5