v15 Skin Widgets Issue (maybe Skin Helper)
I am posting this here first because I did not have this issue on the Amber skin before I switched to Titan, so I am assuming it may be skin related and not add on related. I am on a FireTV, Kodi 15 Isengard and I do run the DB with MYSQL on my server

Any items related to skin widgets seem to take a very long time to load. A few examples:

On boot up, Next Episodes, Recent Albums and Recent Movies take a very long time to load.

After having watched two episodes of the same show, the Next Episodes widget did not update to next episode

Watched an episode of Star Wars Rebels last night (my only unwatched one) and it was not until this morning that the Next Episodes widget updated and removed that show from the list (this was after a couple of reboots too)

After a video library update, the "working indicator" spins for a long time prior to loading new episodes.

When opening the "Configure Widgets" from Settings, it takes about 60 seconds before the left panel even populates.

Possibly unrelated to the above: Clicking on an album in the recent albums widget, pops up the Skin Helper Service "working" dialog. It spins for about 30 - 60 secs before playing the album and then does not start in full screen like the settings indicate

I will say that this is a great skin. Not trying to be critical. Thanks for all of your hard work.
You should probably try Emby instead of mysql
There is a major update coming up with lot's of improvements on this area.
Are you running the beta version of the skin ?

If so, the new beta will be available later today or tomorrow. Please test with that and let me know if your issues are resolved.
(2016-01-28, 01:43)marcelveldt Wrote: There is a major update coming up with lot's of improvements on this area.
Are you running the beta version of the skin ?

If so, the new beta will be available later today or tomorrow. Please test with that and let me know if your issues are resolved.

I have the Beta installed but have been running the release version. Will the Beta update automatically or do i need to manually update it?

I have also decided to give Emby a try as my backend. Should that be more stable with Titan than the MySQL route?
If you have the beta repo installed it will auto update...

As for Emby: it depends on the use case what you prefer. Emby can act as a backend for your Kodi clients, taking care of the metadata scraping, watched states etc. Neither of them should be considered more/less stable, it's just that Emby supports more use cases, for example to use other clients to watch your content etc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin Widgets Issue (maybe Skin Helper)0