Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
This thread seems to be going in a strange direction...

@Guardian Hope

I think that it is highly plausible that a majority of users won't read the first page completely and most not at all. There likely to skim through or just install and when things don't work come and post about it without reading much of anything. Also when asking for feedback from the community expect that feedback to be about anything and everything. Sometimes what you get can be helpful, annoying, and rude... All at the same time Wink

I don't have a preference as to what nomenclature you wish to use to describe your skin and its updates. It is your skin and you can do whatever you like. I would however point out that two people have mentioned it possibly being a tad confusing.

You mention not liking when people CAPITALIZE when trying to highlight a point. I, myself, am not particularly fond of seeing Bolded Words to do the same. I guess, to each their own.

Time to get down to brass tacks...

If skin.helper is stopping skins from installing because the folder name inside the zip file doesn't match then I think there is a serious problem. I do not think that a script should be blocking built in Kodi functionality. Are you positive that the script was doing that?

I only mentioned what I did about the repo because you claimed it was a technological limitation. It is more like a knowledge limitation on how to setup a combined repo. I can sympathize with that since it took me awhile to find out that nugget of info on my own and I still do not know if the repo I maintain works the same across the Kodi forks (i.e. LibreElec, OpenElec, OSMC). I don't use the emby repos but I was trying to be helpful by possibly reducing issues you might face in the future due to changing the addon id. If you don't feel that it is necessary to pursue, I completely understand.

Lastly I want to wish you well with your health troubles. Hopefully all will work itself out in time.

I am off now to work on my:
Hourly, Daily, Weekly, Monthly, Seasonal, Super Premium Deluxe, Golden Diamond Award Winning, Special Anniversary Disney Vault Platinum Edition skin updates.

CodeName: SuperCaliFragilisticExpialiDocious :p

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arctic Zephyr - by faugusztin - 2016-05-20, 16:40
RE: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes - by ramin_85 - 2016-06-10, 18:57
RE: Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Jarvis / Krypton - Updates Soon) [3.2.12 / 4.0.01] - by mikeSiLVO - 2016-06-30, 16:01
126 mb skin? - by licnexus - 2016-07-22, 22:09
Missing Menu? - by park13 - 2016-12-31, 22:11
Random music background - by papayo29 - 2017-01-05, 15:10
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7