• 22(current)
Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
I also think that this way of naming releases or versions is a little bit confusing, all those Danvers, Dormers, General Preview, Anniversary Edition, etc. are not helping anyone, just adding a layer of complexity that I don't think is necessary. I understand that you might be trying to make it look cool, but it just sounds pretentious to me sorry. loggio was trying to give you an advice to keep it simple, and I think it is a very good one, I share the same opinion, I don't think he was trying to be negative in any way, but you just bashed his arguments like they were a personal offense.

Also, the fact that you don't want to support LibreElec users for the reasons you have exposed is a little bit childish.

At the end is all your choice. Of course you can name your mod or skin in the way that you like, and same for the degree of support that you want to provide, but you have to understand that this is a forum and some of these decisions might lead to some criticism, or feedback that might actually help you at the end.
Honestly, naming releases is up to the Developer, or did anyone ask the Community about the kodi Release 16 being named Jarvis, or the 17 Release being named Krypton? Imo all this the result of a creators creativity and shouldn't be criticized. Keep up Danvers and Dormer all you want. For me the Version number is the only thing that count, and this number is clearly defined out in AZ:FA. It is not guardianhopes Problem when those posts he makes in Releases and in the original post gets ignored and is not read. To me this whole topic is kinda useless from the start anyway..

Im just happy someone stepped up and took Arctic Zephyr and continues this Piece of Art. Smile
(2016-06-30, 19:33)Arokhaerr Wrote: Honestly, naming releases is up to the Developer, or did anyone ask the Community about the kodi Release 16 being named Jarvis, or the 17 Release being named Krypton? Imo all this the result of a creators creativity and shouldn't be criticized. Keep up Danvers and Dormer all you want. For me the Version number is the only thing that count, and this number is clearly defined out in AZ:FA. It is not guardianhopes Problem when those posts he makes in Releases and in the original post gets ignored and is not read. To me this whole topic is kinda useless from the start anyway..

Im just happy someone stepped up and took Arctic Zephyr and continues this Piece of Art. Smile

FYI, Kodi do ask for input from community about naming releases. It's a community decision. Not to be rude, just a fun fact Tongue But easy to follow as it's scrolling the alphabet every release.
Well... I am curious and have downloaded Kodi 17 Alpha release and second try the nightly build of today (Mac Version). Then I have downloaded your Skin 4.0.01 but I can't chnage to your Skin.
What I am doing wrong?
(2016-07-01, 22:31)luogo Wrote: Well... I am curious and have downloaded Kodi 17 Alpha release and second try the nightly build of today (Mac Version). Then I have downloaded your Skin 4.0.01 but I can't chnage to your Skin.
What I am doing wrong?

Nothing. Guardian Hope still hasn't fixed a certain line in the skin required by krypton to enable it.
(2016-07-01, 22:31)luogo Wrote: Well... I am curious and have downloaded Kodi 17 Alpha release and second try the nightly build of today (Mac Version). Then I have downloaded your Skin 4.0.01 but I can't chnage to your Skin.
What I am doing wrong?

Just copy DialogConfirm.xml from another skin, such as braz mod.
Still I advise not to try yet as there are changes still missing to make it fully compatible with Krypton such as in the settings menu, it still shows as Appearance instead of Interface, etc.
(2016-07-01, 23:20)Myrddraal Wrote:
What I am doing wrong?

Just copy DialogConfirm.xml from another skin, such as braz mod.
Still I advise not to try yet as there are changes still missing to make it fully compatible with Krypton such as in the settings menu, it still shows as Appearance instead of Interface, etc.

Indeed, the above two are quite correct. The current Krypton release doesn't work and the current development branch is still missing a lot of changes. The skin, from the development branch, will run on Krypton but it won't run properly yet. As an example, DialogConfirm.xml was added although the location for the dialogs haven't been specified yet so they are off-center.

On the other hand, the Jarvis version of the Summer 2016 Update is pretty much done sans a few updated credits. I'm hoping to have time to rewrite the changes which need to be made to get a somewhat working version of AZ:FA for Krypton out by the end of the holiday weekend but it is called "Danvers Preview" for a reason.

The goal for the first preview release is pretty simple: it runs on Krypton, it can play media on Krypton, and it doesn't crash Krypton. Cardinal rules which have not been met yet and is really the hold up with the next update - as I did say, Jarvis is virtually done but Krypton is taking longer than expected due to all the changes.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
Thanks for all your answers!
Just tested the skin today - changing viewtypes in YouTube addon didn't work for me.
I tried Media info and Extra info - Media info never worked (it stayed at List), Extra info worked once.
(2016-07-02, 09:51)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Just tested the skin today - changing viewtypes in YouTube addon didn't work for me.
I tried Media info and Extra info - Media info never worked (it stayed at List), Extra info worked once.

@VelvetKevorkian - I will download the YouTube addon and take a look. As I don't use the YouTube addon I just assumed it worked. I am assuming this was on Jarvis?
Yes, current play store version of KODI (16.1).
YouTube addon version 5.2.2.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
(2016-07-02, 15:49)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Yes, current play store version of KODI (16.1).
YouTube addon version 5.2.2.

Your issue has been added to the bug tracker on GitHub to be investigated. Speaking of which, just a little longer till release of the new versions everyone:

If it is any help:
Simply reloading the skin didn't work, i had to exit completely, restart KODI, then the view changes applied.
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
Summer 2016 Update Status

Well, progress is being made. The Jarvis version will be published tomorrow as it's simply working and there is no reason to hold that version back. On the other hand, the Krypton version ("Danvers") is in one interesting state. The zip file will not install at all at the moment and Kodi 17 doesn't even recognize it when you copy and paste it into the addons directory. The only hint I have seemed to have gotten is that it's something to do with Skin Helper as Skin Helper indicates it can't find "skin.arctic.zephyr.fromashes.danvers" just prior to Kodi saying that it can't read the XML Addons file.

Interestingly, last week when I took screenshots of a very early configuration on Kodi 17, it installed just fine and nothing has changed except the version number.

Naturally, the first release will be a very early Alpha but nothing can be released at the moment until I track down the zip file issue.

So, Krypton delayed again Sad.
Summer 2016 Update (3.2.20 - Dormer / Kodi 16 Jarvis)

The time has finally come to put Kodi 16 Jarvis and Dormer line to slumber. It is my pleasure to announce the final release of Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes for Kodi 16 Jarvis. With this move, all effort can be put forth to the Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers Preview) for Krypton which promises to bring new and enhanced features as well as the quite requested official site that will give you a complete in-depth on what's what. As stated in my above post, due to unforeseen zip file issues, the Krypton version has been delayed but that doesn't mean the final release for Jarvis has to be.

Release Channels
Enterprise CDN: https://embycdn.northebridge.com/AZFA/do...3.2.20.zip
GitHub: https://github.com/NortheBridge/skin.arc...3%2C2%2C20
Available in the Emby Beta Repo

Changelog:

Code:
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes "Summer 2016 Update" - Released June 18, 2016
Dormer: 3.2.20 (3.2.20_dormer) / Danvers: 4.0.20-alpha1 (4.0.20_danvers)

ARCTIC ZEPHYR: FROM ASHES ANNIVERSARY EDITION (DANVERS) IS IN EARLY PREVIEW AND FUNCTIONALITY IS NOT A GUARANTEE. FEEDBACK ON THE DANVERS RELEASES WILL ALLOW FOR A BETTER TRANSITION FROM JARVIS (KODI 16) TO KRYPTON (KODI 17).

The "Summer 2016 Update" to Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes will conclude the "General Availability" status of the Dormer - Jarvis (Kodi 16) line of From Ashes. The Dormer (3.x) line will transition to Long Term Support (LTS) status and receive only bugfixes. As of this release, the "Danvers" line (4.x) will enter "Preview Availability." You may continue using the Dormer - Jarvis line until you are ready to update to Kodi 17 Krypton.

"About From Ashes" has been updated with new credits which were missing in the "Spring 2016 Update"
Info Banner Code Has Been Completely Commented Out for Dormer and Danver Releases
Rotten Tomatoes Has Been Added to the Video Information Screen
Fixes to Broken Code Lines During 3rd Gen Color Enhancement Implementation
Danvers ONLY: Adds "DialogConfirm.xml"
New Textures Have Been Added
Unused Textures Have Been Removed
4th Generation Color Enhancer Has Been Added
Ability to change Dialog Menu Background
Ability to change Dialog Menu Text
Ability to change Dialog Disabled Text
Ability to change Dialog Buttons Highlight
Ability to change Hubs Menu Highlight
Ability to change Hubs Text Color Highlight
Ability to change Hubs Widget Highlight Border
Ability to change Hubs Widget Sublabel
Ability to change Side Blade Menu Highlight Color
Implemented new Busy Spinner into all applicable windows
Fixed File Browser not displaying Folder and File Icons properly
Changed "script.toolbox" to "script.skinhelper" for Backup and Restore in Skin Settings.
Added new Color Themes Category in Skin Settings, With Ability to Create and Manage Custom Themes
Added Ability to Select Day/Night Themes

Final Remarks: Centralizing Repositories

Here's a question I have been wondering in recent days. We all know that Kodi does not give anywhere near the attention that great skin mods (and there are many of them) that they deserve. Would anyone be interested in seeing a centralized curated repository of these skin mods from all the different skins? I know some have been using GitHub but let's face it, a repo for every skin is so tedious. Just an idea I had and wanted to throw it out there to see if others were interested.

The Other Final Remarks

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers Preview) is currently delayed due to problems with Krypton not being able to read the Addon XML - Alpha 1 (4.0.20) should be released once we clear that up. Remember, everything is still really rough around the edges (thus the whole Alpha 1 designation).
  • 22(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7