• 40(current)
Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
Hello

Great skin - love it :-)
only thing i would like to change is the background picture in Live Tv - when your are in the channel view
is that possible ?
I've tried the skin on Jarvis and Krypton and still get the same issues when trying to run widgets on the home screen from well known addons:

-takes 3-4 seconds to display the widget, forcing me to wait for this change
-once widget has loaded and I move off from that page and perhaps go to settings, when I go back I have to load it again, every single time, makes widgets unusable
-once widget is loaded I can select a movie but all that does is take me to an extra info page, and not directly play it from the addon?
-Unable to create custom widgets - I can rename 'widget 1' to something else, but nothing more. It wont allow me to set an action for it

What do I have to do to get this working properly? I have searched and couldn't find much at all. It's a sham really, as the skin is one of the best.

Thanks
(2016-10-04, 15:25)chewz Wrote: I've tried the skin on Jarvis and Krypton and still get the same issues when trying to run widgets on the home screen from well known addons:

-takes 3-4 seconds to display the widget, forcing me to wait for this change
-once widget has loaded and I move off from that page and perhaps go to settings, when I go back I have to load it again, every single time, makes widgets unusable
-once widget is loaded I can select a movie but all that does is take me to an extra info page, and not directly play it from the addon?
-Unable to create custom widgets - I can rename 'widget 1' to something else, but nothing more. It wont allow me to set an action for it

What do I have to do to get this working properly? I have searched and couldn't find much at all. It's a sham really, as the skin is one of the best.

Thanks
You just need to navigate to the section of any given addon that you want to set as a custom widget, hit left to go to the view options and select "Set custom widget path" and choose the widget number you want it assigned to. Then just change to that widget in skin settings as normal. As for the reloading it's always going to do that and there's always going to be a small delay as it pulls the info from the addon each time you navigate to a different section. The delay could be exaggerated depending on your hardware and Internet connection.

Sent from my LG-H815
Thanks for that, never knew about the press left!

Just one other thing which can help with the slow loading widget option. The option "only display widget when pressing up" is greyed out when in vertical mode which I like. Last night I did have that working in vertical mode (could of been with different build) I've currently swapped back to Jarvis - how do I enable this again? I can show widgets by my choice then rather than waiting each time and is a better solution.

Thanks
Just wondering what issue these files are addressing before I go tinkering Smile

(2016-10-01, 19:51)minus0 Wrote: UPDATED FILES

INSTRUCTIONS:
PLEASE Backup existing files before overwriting. Files are in zip format. Have to unzip to temp folder, then copy to designated folders.

Where files go:
Folder: shortcuts
Files: template.xml, x1111.DATA.xml, and x1112.DATA.xml

Folder: language > English
File: strings.po

Folder: 16x9
Files: all other remaining files

Link to files: https://azfapatchsets-northebridge.s3.am...1/AZFA.zip

If any problems with installation, just post here.

Cheers
Chewz- are you using addons to pull in content for the widgets or are you using Emby or a local library? I use Emby and there's a slight delay for latest Movies, TV Series & Music as it pulls in info of maybe 1 second max but the delay is much higher if used for addons which makes sense- the addons are pulling info from websites and other places, the skin has to ask the addon for the info- the addon has to pull the info from wherever, it's then cached locally and displayed (pretty sure it's how it works anyway) so the slower the addon, the slower the pulled information is going to be. I don't use widgets for any addons bar BBC iPlayer which is quite quick at pulling info. And the delay is there no matter what it's on whether it be Windows or an Android based system (we have 64 bit s905 based 2GB T95's and also Windows) because of that delay in retrieving information. Only way I think there might be around it is setting a cache of maybe 24 hours on each widgets data but then you'll miss the very latest additions that can happen at any times with Addons. Plus the first time it pulls the data into the cache you'll still have the delay of it pulling the initial info from external sources.

(2016-10-04, 16:53)chewz Wrote: Thanks for that, never knew about the press left!

Just one other thing which can help with the slow loading widget option. The option "only display widget when pressing up" is greyed out when in vertical mode which I like. Last night I did have that working in vertical mode (could of been with different build) I've currently swapped back to Jarvis - how do I enable this again? I can show widgets by my choice then rather than waiting each time and is a better solution.

Thanks
(2016-10-02, 16:39)minus0 Wrote: CORRECTED UPDATE

Link to new files: https://azfapatchsets-northebridge.s3.am...zfanew.zip

Procedure is the same as post #571.
Please BACKUP your files first, then copy in new files to designated folders.
( Note: files episodeshub.DATA.xml, and movieshub.DATA.xml can be deleted. No longer used. Found in "shortcuts" folder. )

Please let me know if there are any major bugs. Thanks everyone.
Sorry about the first post, got files crossed.
I can't seem to find the new hubs. Are they in "add new element -> common"?
Also, the ID is stll 1101 and 1102 compared to 1111 and 111n in Eminence and AZ original releases, resulting in a not working main menu when coming from them.
I am also getting a lot "please" wait screens in the main menu, even through I already can work in the background.
It is possible to disable it or make it smaller (just a little "working" in the corresponding place?)

Since extended info can be trigggered when presssing down on the actors page, is it possible to change it with the enter press behaviour?
So down press = normal DB info, enter press = extended Info?

Is the welcome message now toggleable or is that planned for another one of your great bugfix releases?
Btw: is there some kind of release version info in the info/hardware screens? Just the beta1 message seems to tell me, which version I am using.
Keep up the great work!
@chiefnerd

Post #579 has link to CORRECT files

The changes are for more HUBS 9 total, and the Plot Overlay in Library Views.
Also added Video Player controls in the SideBlade.
Even more Hubs minus0? You;re too good to us mate, when I have 10 minutes spare I'll see what they're like.

Figure anything out on Advanced launcher context menus and widgets yet? I know you;re busy and least of your priorities but I think it's something alot of people are wanting, especially because of the monumental rise in popularity of Retro Games.

Keep up that hard work, it's much appreciated.
@MasterPhW

Yes New HUBS are in the Common section, school past Movie and TV Hubs and you will see extra HUBS. You will have to refine your old Hubs to pickup the new Numbers.

The Busy Spinner was originally smaller, but Guardian Hope and I decided on the larger format. It will stay that way at present.

Welcome Banner will be getting a Button to toggle it on/off. Will be in SkinSettings.
I am, going to push that to the next Beta.

I will look into the extended info behaviour. Don't know when I can get to it. Currently working on what @Blurayx had mentioned. That is to have the Music OSD info flip back and forth on the screen.

Cheers
@chiefnerd

I didn't forget about Advanced Launcher. I will get to it a later in the month. Trying to do request in order, so we get to everyone.
When cases are activated the covers are not correct resized so that the Bluray overlay is laying over the cover...

Please set the amount of watchable widgets in classical widget view to maximum. Actually i can only see the number of widgets that do fit the screen from left to right ;-)

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk
People, people; it seems this thread has become so chaotic that I'm still reviewing what people want (etc.).

Please remember that during this interim period where I am moving (currently using VZW tether to post), patch sets are only coming from one person. Let's take a step back and remember that for most of October, no AZ:FA release will occur (minus Beta 1/2 that's already pretty much ready to go).

On that note, AZ:FA Beta will be out on Sunday once I have new internet!

Smile
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
(2016-10-07, 12:29)Guardian Hope Wrote: On that note, AZ:FA Beta will be out on Sunday once I have new internet!

So I finally got around to opening my main Windows PC that was delivered via UPS and they broke the system. As in: radiator shot out a screw as soon as I turned it on type of broke. So now I must collect the insurance money from UPS and buy a new Maingear.

In the interim, for the few Jarvis users: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2433802 - if you are encountering that problem let me know so a final update rollup may be published for Jarvis.

AZ:FA Danvers Preview Beta 2 will of course release this week but it won't be until this evening.
Release Schedule for Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes

Dormer - 3.3.30 - Kodi Jarvis: An issue has been identified in the 3.2.21 version of Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes which may prevent its installation due to dependency errors in rare circumstances. To resolve this error and to provide a mechanism to inform Jarvis users that development of From Ashes has moved to Krypton, a final release to the Dormer branch will be made to ensure that those who are still using Jarvis are able to continue to install and use it as they wait for Krypton to become more stable.

The 3.3.30 Update will be the final update to Dormer and mark its End of Life. It will be released later this week through the traditional Jarvis release channels.

Danvers - 4.9.90 Beta 2 - Kodi Krypton: You all have been waiting a while for this and @minus0 has released a number of patch sets in the interim to address issues. All fixes will be merged with the development branch today and as soon as I can find a computer that can zip the files to their publishable 118MB file size (I can't seem to get macOS to do that - even though Terminal although its so closely based on Linux and I normally just use 7-zip in Windows to do it) we will have a release as well.

The 4.9.90 Beta 2 Update will mark the first Beta of Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes on Kodi Krypton; having introduced a lot of stability and enhancement improvements. There are a few outstanding bugs and feature requests. We will work them in the order they were received.

From Ashes to For Another Age

I know all you AZ:B users are waiting for this the most as I am sure the AZ:FA users are. This is "the" update that Danvers was going to be. More information on this will be coming soon - I promise you that. Let's get Danvers out the door first so we have a foundation to work with that we know of very well.
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7