• 52(current)
Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
How can i cleare the data and cache on my Mac?

best skin ever! that is not the question Wink
Krypton beta 5, latest Denvers build. I'm getting this when trying to apply the skin
"The dependency on xbmc.gui version 5.10.0 could not be satisfied"
addon.xml in the skin's folder says 5.12.0 though.
Thanks in advance
(2016-11-06, 23:04)minus0 Wrote: @taalas

If it's alright with @Guardian Hope, we could do a "Last Call" update. I can sweep over the code and pull out the code responsible for the flickering.
Sorry this was still left in the skin.

Hi and thanks for taking the time to remove the flickering (I haven't had a chance to check yesterday's update but since it is the last one I assume it was addressed).

Being a software developer myself I partially understand that developing two branches simultaneously is a tough thing to do I do have to say that I am a little puzzled about the decision to end support for a skin and focusing on a next version while the underlying framework is still unstable. Being an SPMC user myself I currently don't have the choice to switch to Krypton...and even if I had I probably would keep a stable Kodi for my productive systems until Krypton is at least in RC state. The decision to abandon the legacy version and telling people to update seems a bit strange to me tbh.

Nevertheless, thanks for your amazing work on the skin!
(2016-11-13, 17:33)taalas Wrote:
(2016-11-06, 23:04)minus0 Wrote: @taalas

If it's alright with @Guardian Hope, we could do a "Last Call" update. I can sweep over the code and pull out the code responsible for the flickering.
Sorry this was still left in the skin.

Hi and thanks for taking the time to remove the flickering (I haven't had a chance to check yesterday's update but since it is the last one I assume it was addressed).

Being a software developer myself I partially understand that developing two branches simultaneously is a tough thing to do I do have to say that I am a little puzzled about the decision to end support for a skin and focusing on a next version while the underlying framework is still unstable. Being an SPMC user myself I currently don't have the choice to switch to Krypton...and even if I had I probably would keep a stable Kodi for my productive systems until Krypton is at least in RC state. The decision to abandon the legacy version and telling people to update seems a bit strange to me tbh.

Nevertheless, thanks for your amazing work on the skin!

Your issue should have been addressed @taalas as the code is definitely no longer there.

As to your second question, it''s actually rather simple really. Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes has four iterations if you count the planned "For Another Age" release. There's Arctic Zephyr: Exploded which ran on Kodi 15 Isengard, Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Dormer) which runs on Kodi 16 Jarvis, Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers) which runs on Kodi 17 Krypton, and the planned Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age which will be the eventual successor to From Ashes (Danvers).

What most people don't realize is that Arctic Zephyr: Exploded and Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Dormer) are virtually the same skin. Most of the changes made were to provide Jarvis support when the From Ashes Project had a much smaller scope. This means the codebase, aside from being two years old, was also a mess because AZ:E's coding wasn't our doing and it wasn't modular by nature. For every change you make in From Ashes (Dormer) you ran the risk of breaking something buried very deep that we didn't know about.

So came the idea to modularize the code in, what at the time was an "eventual successor." That eventual successor is now known as Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers). Pretty much the entire codebase has been rewritten and facilities that didn't exist in AZ:E or AZ:FA (Dormer) now exist in AZ:FA (Danvers) and will easily continue to Arctic Zephyr: For Another Age.

This [should] be the only time support is dropped on a Long Term Support status version of AZ:FA before the General Availability release of the successor version of AZ:FA.

A lot was taken into consideration before we decided to drop AZ:FA (Dormer) support but in the end it just made sense so we could move forward and not be limited by the AZ:E coding. Beta 5 of AZ:FA (Danvers) introduces a lot of changes and a multitude of new fixes that should make AZ:FA (Danvers) a lot more stable than the current Alpha 9 release. Of course, you are right, Krypton, the underlying framework, is still unstable in of itself but this was a matter of "what will make future development easier" - especially as we begin to bring AZ:B (Arctic Zephyr: Braz) features into AZ:FA - something we could never do without practically rewriting the code to AZ:FA (Dormer).
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
Thanks for the clarification about the decisions made regarding the different skin branches.

As I said I can understand why you made those decisions, it just seemed a little odd from a consumer standpoint. That said the current skin version does work perfectly for me on Jarvis (except for the flickering issue), so there is really no need to make any more changes (for me). I am looking forward to trying the Krypton branch as soon as I have the chance on my current clients!
Oh, and one more thing I just noticed:

The flickering when starting movies is still present for me in 3.4.20 - is this the latest version that should have the fix? Or is there another version in another repository?

edit: also, there are missing graphics when pausing items...no bar showing the current position, no icons in the top right with the current and end time, etc
hi guardian. Are we still on course for a krypton release today?
(2016-11-13, 22:01)buxtonlad Wrote: hi guardian. Are we still on course for a krypton release today?

Funny you should ask...

Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers) Preview Beta 5 - Released to Update Origin

Moments ago, Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes (Danvers) Preview Beta 5 was released to the Update Origin. For those of you with the NortheBridge by Design repository, you'll be getting the update in a few hours. Either tomorrow or the next day I will upload it to Emby (I've been exhausted so I want to catch up on sleep) and post the release notes.

The changes in Beta 5 are ample and could fit an entire post itself.

Known Issues: I forgot to update the fonts. Don't worry, Beta 6 will be released next week to update the Addon Framework. Also note the Texture Package has been updated with Beta 5 so if you notice missing textures please report them (as well as any other bugs).

Additionally... the Emby addon was updated to the latest version which features a few adjustments and fixes. Again, this version is provided as a service for Krypton users running Emby and once Emby officially supports Krypton (RC stage) and you can get it directly from the Emby repo, we won't be updating the NBD copy.

Please enjoy...
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
Sweet skin auto updated and now it's impossible to use; everything is just transparent and I can see menu items.

Are SPMC users are boned until it catches up?

Edit: Windows version is also broken, I can no longer get Kodi to boot past the AZ splash screen. Thanks for that!
Kodi 17 hasn't even been released and you're forcing everyone to update the skin to a version which clearly had issues with Kodi/SPMC 16.

PLEASE REVERT all changes made to the last two versions for Kodi 16 until AFTER the final release of Kodi 17 and SPMC!
Well i think everybody should understand/know by now that what you are testing here is FREE, beta software so maybe just maybe show a little respect for other peoples work. My hubs are all dark and show no readable sections, what could be wrong?
Thanks
(2016-11-14, 10:55)riccioluca Wrote: testing here is FREE, beta software so maybe just maybe show a little respect for other peoples work.

Testing? Beta? I never agreed to testing beta software, I run stable releases of Kodi/SPMC only.

I had a stable version of Kodi (Windows) and SPMC (Android) with a stable version of AZ. Now I have a broken skin that keeps hassling me to "upgrade" to beta version of Kodi and a non-existent version of SPMC. I've had to go back to the stock skin.

I simply can not respect the logic behind this move by the AZ team; they've killed the skin for me.
(2016-11-14, 12:09)mdh99 Wrote:
(2016-11-14, 10:55)riccioluca Wrote: testing here is FREE, beta software so maybe just maybe show a little respect for other peoples work.

Testing? Beta? I never agreed to testing beta software, I run stable releases of Kodi/SPMC only.

I had a stable version of Kodi (Windows) and SPMC (Android) with a stable version of AZ. Now I have a broken skin that keeps hassling me to "upgrade" to beta version of Kodi and a non-existent version of SPMC. I've had to go back to the stock skin.

I simply can not respect the logic behind this move by the AZ team; they've killed the skin for me.

Learn how to code, make your own skin and quit bitching. Or, be patient. Either way. What an entitled POS you are.
(2016-11-14, 13:12)jmurph116 Wrote: Learn how to code, make your own skin and quit bitching. Or, be patient. Either way. What an entitled POS you are.

Oh come on, name calling? Really?

The simple fact is I'm a consumer, not a developer, and just because something is free doesn't mean I can't complain when a change is made that brakes the software. Telling a consumer "don't like it, go make your own" isn't going to make any consumer I know happy; I'm glad you don't speak for the AZ team.

The upgrade notification crashes the windows version of Kodi and the makes the SPMC version unusable with missing menus and graphics all over the place. I can't even access the windows version to change it to the default skin, luckily I can on SPMC.

Fastest, and probably the easier, solution has to be to revert the changes until upgrading to Kodi 17 is actually an option.
How do I disable the Artic 'no longer supports Jarvis' pop-up everytime I start Kodi? I'm using SPMC, which is based on Jarvis, and plan to continue using it for now. Thanks.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
Thanks for the great work! I guess the missing icons is because of the missing fonts and will be resolved in beta 6?
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7