• 53(current)
Mod Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]
(2016-11-14, 19:27)hdmkv Wrote: How do I disable the Artic 'no longer supports Jarvis' pop-up everytime I start Kodi? I'm using SPMC, which is based on Jarvis, and plan to continue using it for now. Thanks.

@hdmkv:

Simply go to Settings > Extra > Disable Dormer Notification. Then you are all set.

The rest of the Dormer concerns I will get to later once I sort through the mess of posts.

(2016-11-14, 19:33)SuperDOS Wrote: Thanks for the great work! I guess the missing icons is because of the missing fonts and will be resolved in beta 6?

@SuperDOS, the areas where icons are missing, can you screenshot them? If it's the play/watch again, etc. icons on the DialogVideoInfo screen then yes, those will be fixed in Beta 6. If it's somewhere else then those are likely a result of the updated texture package.

Special Note to Kodi Krypton users: If you are being hit by the dreaded "requires 5.10.0 xbmc.gui" bug even though Danvers uses 5.12.0, please read the official Kodi post: https://kodi.tv/kodi-v17-krypton-beta-5/ as upgrading the current skin in use may fail on Windows. If you are not using Windows report it here and we'll have to see if it's a bug with the current Krypton release or with AZ:FA Danvers.
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes
The New Arctic Zephyr: Exploded Experience for Kodi Jarvis
Arctic Zephyr: Generations - Coming Soon
Update somehow deletes items in the hubs.
TV Hubs has no entries
Movie Hubs has no entries.
And it seems like you can't add entries via settings either.
Settings > Extra, but "Disable Dormer Notification" can not be highlighted.
Pressing down just flicks between the two option above, coming from the bottom of the menu just skips over it.

Problem exists on both SPMC and Windows version of Kodi.
Star rating is missing.

Play controls missing.

Progress bar missing, media info missing, clock icon missing.

However the most annoying bug, my Smart Playlists are not updating with AZ; they do with the stock skin and used to with AZ.

If I open my playlist for "Recent Tv Shows" I don't get any new shows added by the Library scan.
If I choose the stock skin and open the playlist, they're there.
If I switch back to AZ and open the playlist again, they're there.

Is there a way to downgrade the skin to a few versions ago, when everything worked, while you fix this and we wait for Kodi 17?
(2016-11-15, 00:39)lusephur Wrote: Update somehow deletes items in the hubs.
TV Hubs has no entries

Same here. Thanks for the great job tho, i love the new view for music and the overall stability.
(2016-11-15, 00:58)mdh99 Wrote: Settings > Extra, but "Disable Dormer Notification" can not be highlighted.
Pressing down just flicks between the two option above, coming from the bottom of the menu just skips over it.

Update on the Issues with the Dormer "Last Call Update"

Someone, I don't remember who, in an earlier diatribe coupled with your images made me realize what is wrong with the last two Dormer updates and it has happened before.

An update to fix the Dormer issues will be released either tonight or tomorrow night. If you still select "Disable Dormer Notification" afterwards then we will investigate this one issue.

On a sidenote for Dormer Users: I'm going to take my 'professional hat' off for a second to state something someone earlier is right about: we don't have to do any of this. We could flat out drop Dormer right now rather than trying to work with those who are still using it but the "whining," and let's be real here, it is in fact "whining," doesn't help anyone. It doesn't help us fix it and it doesn't help you; it just makes it a post that we look over. And yes, I did skip over most of the "whining." So I am going to close this address to you all with this: leave the "whining" at the door and be civilized.

And why: because Dormer does work -

To everyone else: when you are letting us know an issue, could you please specify whether it's Danvers or Dormer and what you are using it on (Windows, macOS, Linux, OSMC, etc.). We're going to assume Danvers unless otherwise specified so if it's Danvers, just let us know what OS.
TV Hubs has no entries

Danvers version. on Arch linux and Libreelec.
(2016-11-14, 23:31)Guardian Hope Wrote: @SuperDOS, the areas where icons are missing, can you screenshot them? If it's the play/watch again, etc. icons on the DialogVideoInfo screen then yes, those will be fixed in Beta 6. If it's somewhere else then those are likely a result of the updated texture package.

Yes it's those icons, looking forward to beta 6.
(2016-11-15, 06:19)Guardian Hope Wrote:
(2016-11-15, 00:58)mdh99 Wrote: Settings > Extra, but "Disable Dormer Notification" can not be highlighted.

Someone, I don't remember who, in an earlier diatribe coupled with your images made me realize what is wrong with the last two Dormer updates and it has happened before.

An update to fix the Dormer issues will be released either tonight or tomorrow night. If you still select "Disable Dormer Notification" afterwards then we will investigate this one issue.

The multiple missing items from my screenshots seem to be related to the "update notification"; in Kodi (Windows) I was able to use the mouse to select "Disable Dormer Notification" checkbox. After that star ratings, media info and others came back. I don't have a compatible mouse for my Nexus Player and SPMC.

As for dropping support for Kodi 16, I doubt anyone will care once Kodi 17 and SPMC pass beta.
(2016-11-15, 07:49)lusephur Wrote:
TV Hubs has no entries

This is indeed odd @lusephur. I have to ask because From Ashes is tightly integrated with Emby - with or without Emby Server?

I will make note of this and discuss with the team and soon everyone will be able to make note of issues once we get the From Ashes Project Issue Tracking System up.

(2016-11-15, 08:46)SuperDOS Wrote:
(2016-11-14, 23:31)Guardian Hope Wrote: @SuperDOS, the areas where icons are missing, can you screenshot them? If it's the play/watch again, etc. icons on the DialogVideoInfo screen then yes, those will be fixed in Beta 6. If it's somewhere else then those are likely a result of the updated texture package.

Yes it's those icons, looking forward to beta 6.

Alright, those will indeed be addressed in Beta 6. Beta 6 is a small update; it's just to update the Addon Framework and UX Framework. It's why it's going to be released so quickly. The bigger bugs will have to wait until Beta 7.

(2016-11-15, 08:57)mdh99 Wrote:
(2016-11-15, 06:19)Guardian Hope Wrote:

The multiple missing items from my screenshots seem to be related to the "update notification"; in Kodi (Windows) I was able to use the mouse to select "Disable Dormer Notification" checkbox. After that star ratings, media info and others came back. I don't have a compatible mouse for my Nexus Player and SPMC.

As for dropping support for Kodi 16, I doubt anyone will care once Kodi 17 and SPMC pass beta.

The provider of the Dormer Notification is the Skin Helper Service. It's a basic functional prompt and it's actually used a few times throughout the skin. It can't or rather shouldn't have an effect on the other options of the skin unless a closing tag was missed within the code but given that it's the same method we use in Danvers which works but doesn't have a disable option because it's beta software and going to be turned off by us at release what you are saying is quite 'odd.'

I was able to rectify the issues by addressing a packaging problem. That's the underlying issues with the last two releases of Dormer. They are missing certain files and is why Dormer appears to be missing textures and not loading properly. The picture of Dormer I took which is running on my 4K TV via OSMC is the current release version of Dormer. I just fixed the packaging problem.

And this does happen from time to time; it's happened on both Dormer and Danvers. With Danvers it's just usually forgetting to update the packages and on Dormer it's been a few times of not including the packages. Simple mistakes.

I will update everyone when Dormer's hotfix is released.
hi , am just your average user here , Obviously reading above i can see 17 is the way forward and jarvis is being phased out , but trying to open my kodi "build" this morning ( arctic zephyr ashes) I appear to be "locked out " i get the ashes message ( dormers preview )and then am stuck on the blue jarvis logo only way i can exit is by force closing kodi ? does this mean i have lost all my settings , my whole set up ?
do i now have to download and start again with krypton ? or can i go into application support-kodi-and copy and all my folders then paste them in krypton ?
Not moaning at all here , whichever option you tell me i have to use is fine by me. thanks in advance.
(2016-11-15, 10:41)ontap Wrote: hi , am just your average user here , Obviously reading above i can see 17 is the way forward and jarvis is being phased out , but trying to open my kodi "build" this morning ( arctic zephyr ashes) I appear to be "locked out " i get the ashes message ( dormers preview )and then am stuck on the blue jarvis logo only way i can exit is by force closing kodi ? does this mean i have lost all my settings , my whole set up ?
do i now have to download and start again with krypton ? or can i go into application support-kodi-and copy and all my folders then paste them in krypton ?
Not moaning at all here , whichever option you tell me i have to use is fine by me. thanks in advance.

On Kodi 16, you'll need to wait until the afternoon for the next update to be pushed out. It's pretty much ready; just needs to be packaged and uploaded. It should resolve the problems; it's the same version I'm running in that picture I took on an rPi3.

Alternatively, you can move upwards to Danvers which does require Kodi 17. Danvers and Dormer are not backwards compatible. Too many changes have occurred which means that unfortunately you can't take your Dormer customizations with you to Danvers (like skin color, etc.). And Danvers has a lot more customizations and settings than Dormer ever did so you can make your experience how you want it (minus the whole "beta" thing).
(2016-11-15, 09:20)Guardian Hope Wrote:
(2016-11-15, 07:49)lusephur Wrote:
TV Hubs has no entries

This is indeed odd @lusephur. I have to ask because From Ashes is tightly integrated with Emby - with or without Emby Server?

I will make note of this and discuss with the team and soon everyone will be able to make note of issues once we get the From Ashes Project Issue Tracking System up.

I'm just after rolling back to the version on the Emby Beta Repo,and the hubs are back as normal.
Updated again to Beta 5 via Northebridge REpo and again, the hubs are blank. Suggesting the the issue is defintely in the beta 5 update code.
I changed nothing else in between each update. It's the same system. The same os version on each arch (libreelec nightly on chromebox, Arch x86_64 nightly from git with kernel 4.9.0 on kde.)
(2016-11-15, 13:52)Guardian Hope Wrote:
(2016-11-15, 10:41)ontap Wrote: hi , am just your average user here , Obviously reading above i can see 17 is the way forward and jarvis is being phased out , but trying to open my kodi "build" this morning ( arctic zephyr ashes) I appear to be "locked out " i get the ashes message ( dormers preview )and then am stuck on the blue jarvis logo only way i can exit is by force closing kodi ? does this mean i have lost all my settings , my whole set up ?

On Kodi 16, you'll need to wait until the afternoon for the next update to be pushed out. It's pretty much ready; just needs to be packaged and uploaded. It should resolve the problems; it's the same version I'm running in that picture I took on an rPi3.

Alternatively, you can move upwards to Danvers which does require Kodi 17. Danvers and Dormer are not backwards compatible. Too many changes have occurred which means that unfortunately you can't take your Dormer customizations with you to Danvers (like skin color, etc.). And Danvers has a lot more customizations and settings than Dormer ever did so you can make your experience how you want it (minus the whole "beta" thing).
ty for replying , i have downloaded 17 and tried to install AZ repo from page I but it wont install from zipfile. Dont think there is anything else i need installed first to get it to load ? is there ?
I for one am very happy with the state of Dormer (thanks again for your great work).

I have experienced problems with the last two updates as well, nothing that really broke functionality for me though. Just to ask again: is the fix regarding the flickering black bars on item start already included in the last updates? Just asking because my skin still seems to do it...

Thanks!
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Zephyr: Generations (Jarvis / Leia) [3.4.70 / Coming Soon]7