ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
From the Wetek Core thread...
(2016-04-29, 11:10)noggin Wrote: The am-mpeg2 hardware decode for interlaced content will (I assume) be deinterlaced via the hardware deinterlacer, but I'm not sure what happens with the ff-mpeg2video decoded content. It doesn't appear to max out any CPU cores - so the dropped frames don't appear to be caused by hitting the CPU limits during deinterlacing. So either the software decode and deinterlace is flawed, or there is some attempt to pipe back software decoded content through the hardware deinterlacer that isn't working? (25p content with no motion between the two fields in the frame plays back OK if you disable deinterlacing, so the core decode appears to be OK, though possibly something timestamp-y is causing issues with the deinterlacer?)
mpeg2 content in .vob containers ie DVD Rips is forced to default to Software ff-mpeg2 decoding with the correct patches as 4 core AML hardware can easily handle SD Software decoding.

I'm not sure what the exact issue was exactly but I patched Kodi and selected the best quality deinterlacer I could find when Software decoding and came up with Yadif aka Deinterlace. This has now been selected as the default software deinterlacer replacing Bob, that was causing the Jerky playback issues on AML with Kodi.

Post processing works as well. Visually this looks like the smoothest and best quality of Interlaced mpeg2 .vob video I have seen on AML Hardware Smile

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2_aarch64-7.0.0-Kodi-Jarvis-Yadif.DVD.VC1.tar

Also included is a fix for 23.976fps VC1 video playback !

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by wrxtasy - 2016-04-29, 16:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610