ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-05-30, 21:17)pigeldi Wrote: Hello,
my Kodi is running on my outdated Asrock Ion since 2010, meanwhile RPi & co. are faster, so I am slowly thinking about moving to such a device. Instead of the RPi3 the Odroid C2 looks very interesting to me. Not much more expensive but nicer hardware. However the question of software support comes to my mind. Thanks to wrxtasy there seems to be a proper version of LibreELEC now, but it looks like this depends (at least currently) on one single person. So if he stops developing or moves to the successor of the C2, there might not be any updated Kodi versions, as they have to be built into the OS, right?
My gut fealing is that the RPi has a bigger community and a higher chance of long-term support from OpenELEC or similar. Am I seeing things too negative or could it realistically happen that e.g. in 2 years after Kodi v19 I would be stuck and not receive any further updates? Software support would currently be the only reason why probably rather buying a RPi3.

Wrxtasy is doing a great job. I wish he could bring the improvements also in android area. Development in Android for c1 or c2 is so so behind librelec for the same devices.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by discovery - 2016-05-31, 18:25
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610