ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
I may as well repost what I've written here as some of the info affects all AMLogic S905 platforms and users may find the ant-computing Wiki link below interesting reading.

October pre-release Testing

As users may know AMLogic themselves have been fooling all S9xx AMLogic Hardware sellers by reporting the CPU was running at 2.016GHz when in fact it was clock locked to a Max of 1.536 GHz.

A C2 user koschi first alerted HardKernel after he found out ant-computing had discovered discrepancies:
http://wiki.ant-computing.com/Choosing_a...build_farm

Anyway there is good news. C2 users and HardKernel themselves have done some torturous stress testing by running the CPU at various GHz until stability issues present themselves and have also tweaked u-boot and the AML Linux Kernel. You can see the results here:
http://odroid.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=e...t_cpu_freq

I'm running this test release with a default 1.656GHz CPU Clock Freq, you may notice an increase in Kodi snappiness. Big Grin
(I'm personally using 1.752GHz)
Users can adjust this in the boot.ini file

Also Added:
- THIS tweak to the RTL8812AU WiFi driver.
- RTL8192EU WiFi driver also updated.
- all Hi10P Anime will default to ff-h264 Software decoding. 1080p Anime is still too much to Software decode.
- an old Kodi patch to fill Audio packets completely when resampling, this fixes Audio popping issues.
- you can now put LE on the C2 into a Hibernate mode as the ON/OFF C2 remote button will now work properly thx to @Kwiboo Big Grin
Users with Harmony remotes can also program them as a HardKernel C1 remote to get the same IR - ON/OFF functionality.

NOTE:
boot.ini had to be overwritten, due to the CPU Freq mods. If doing a .tar update boot.ini will all be updated automatically.

LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.Oct.test.tar
LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.Oct.test.img.gz

Results: with the HardKernel Firmware tweaking, I can now run a CPU clock speed greater than it was (deceptively) hard limited to before, and this now results in the fastest, snappiest AMLogic S905 LibreELEC Kodi platform available. Smile

W.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by wrxtasy - 2016-10-03, 13:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610