ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
(2016-10-09, 13:35)Vitalero Wrote: This was an extremely helpful post wrxtasy .

Ok so to wrap this all up, Im probably gonna order the ODROID C2 today, gonna add a transparent plastic box, and a T3 remote
I also have a MediaRange class 10 32gb microSDHC, hope its good enough?
So how do I start exactly? is there some step by step guide?

1) Download LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.Aug.img.zip
2) Extract it on the MicroSD
3) Flash it
4) Download LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.Oct.On.Off.tar
5) Copy it to the MicroSD
6) boot.ini should update it automatically?

IS there anything else "hardware" wise I should look at as in add ons or maybe good/budget HDDs ? Planning mostly on streaming and not downloading and keeping stuff on it. Or stuff like WiFi BT? How will the remote work with it without it having BT/Wifi? any recommended dongles ? Does it even come with a power supply or need to get one?

EDIT: You gotta admit that XU4 looks sick
Easiest setup method:

1) Download the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator App from HERE
2) Choose Odroid C2 > Local Image File > LibreELEC-Odroid_C2.aarch64-7.1.0.Aug.img.zip
3) Choose your mSD card and "Write" it. Eject > Insert into the C2.
3) Make sure you select both SSH and SMB connect options on the setup screens when LE first runs.
4) Update using Oct.tar file from a PC with instructions from HERE
5) Enjoy !

Notes:
The C2 is a bare development board, stuff like Cases, HDMI cables, Power Supplies, BT / WiFi etc need to be purchased separately.
I personally use an old iPad1 / 2.0 Amp power supply with a Micro USB Cable (USB 2.0 Type A to Micro-size Type B) & Ethernet + my own IR remote.

- To use the On / Off power function on the C2 you need to purchase either a HardKernel C2 remote or program a Harmony remote C1/C2 profile.
- Any cheap CSR 4.0 Bluetooth USB dongle will work with the C2
- I don't like WiFi for streaming but the HardKernel WiFi Module 4 usb dongle works out of the box. MediaTek(Ralink) RTL - WiFi ones are mostly compatible.
- Any Infra Red remote control will be able to be programmed to use with the C2 (apart from Power On / Off as per above). MCE & XBOX IR remotes work out of the box.
- As with any of the these AMLogic / RPi / ARM devices, either a powered usb Hub needs to be used to connect a 2.5" HDD or use an external power brick with a 3.5" HDD.
- Black Cases are the best ones.

(2016-10-09, 13:35)Vitalero Wrote: EDIT: You gotta admit that XU4 looks sick
(2015-09-07, 16:12)noggin Wrote:
Quote:And what about the odroid xu4? It can hardware decode HEVC @ 1080p?

Best avoided. The XU4 is a powerful board but it uses a Samsung Exynos not AMLogic SoC that the C1/C1+/C2 uses - and the Exynos MFC/VPU decoder support is not as good. It's not been targeted as much for Kodi, and the experience isn't as good. I have a U2 (older Exynos) and the OE builds are still very basic. (No deinterlacing for instance)

W.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by wrxtasy - 2016-10-09, 15:06
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610