ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
I remember when I used to use the early builds of Krypton with the Pi 3 and the Turtle Beach USB sound stick used to have some issues. Over time this wa sbetter supported and not of the pops and stutters were noticeable with DTS or DD.

With the 7.95.3 build of Krypton now installed on my newly arrived C2 it also has the issues of clipped sound when playing a DTS file with the oudio sent optically to my DTS amp. The sound is picked up as DTS but the clipping is quite noticeable. Dolby Digital plays fine.

It did pick it up fine in Kodi....

removing the Turtle Beach sound stick and using a HDMI audio extractor which then allows me to use the optically extracted audio signal to my Logitech Z5500 speakers seems to allow perfect playback of DD and DTS sound.

At least the HDMI extractor also allows CEC pass through also and so it will switch on and off my TV as the C2 is powered up and down.

A pity about the USB Turtle Beach sound stick as it gave the impression all was well and it saved having another box attached.

An MCE remote will work fine (mine does) and it will also power down the C2, from the IR on the C2. BUT it will not power it up and the remote that I bought specifically for the C2 will do that, as wrxtasy confirmed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $40 - by Vimes - 2017-02-14, 16:17
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610