ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46
HI,
I'm looking for a player with best possible Live TV deinterlacing and upscaling (SD->HD). Currently I'm using an Intel N3150 with Kodi v17, it is really very nice for live TV, deinterlacing is VAAPI-MCDI, pscaling is Lanczos3 Optimised. I'm very satisfied with the quality, especially since EGL is introduced to Kodi.

I do have an Rpi2, I tried LE and while it MMAL-Advanced is very good at deinterlacing, it is still not as good as Intel's MCDI, To be honest, didn't try it for some time now, used the Intel hw for last 6 months or so (maybe Rpi has even better deinterlacing now). SD upscaling is much better on Intel, I guess Rpi is not powerful enough to do Lanczos3 optimized.

I like the C2 based on description and price, but could you tell me what can I expect in terms of deinterlacing quality compared to Intel MCDI and Rpi MMAL-Advanced? Is it as good as Intel?
What about SD->HD upscaling?

I would like to run LE, and would need HD audio and PCM 5.1 audio to work and CEC (the same as it works with Rpi and Intel + Pulse8).

Thanks for your comments!

Messages In This Thread
RE: ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $46 - by gurabli - 2017-03-20, 15:15
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ODROID C2 S905 2GB RAM HDMI 2.0 $4610