New User - Kodi Crash on Startup using Live TV on iOS
Hi

I have managed to install fresh copy of Kodi 16 RC3 on a non jailbroken iPhone 6. I have configured Live TV with PVR IPTV Simple Client and I could see all the channels first time configured.

Unfortunately, any subsequent attempt to start up Kodi on the phone will result in a crash of the App. The only way to get Kodi to start up again is to connect the phone to a non functioning wifi or trick it using some VPN configuration and then disabling Live TV. I am not sure whether the crash details are reported in the log file as Kodi dies almost instantly when I start it.

I am wondering if anyone else having similar issues and if anyone has managed to find a fix for this issue.

The log file is here: http://xbmclogs.com/p2l6shqyk
Try removing the addon settings, then clear the PVR database and try again.
Tried uninstalling PVR and reinstalling an configuring with no luck.

Next thing I wanted to try in to have the m3u channel list on a local directory on iPhone to see if this makes any difference. But I don't know how.
Just further to this issue. I tried the same test on my iPad and had the same behaviour. I.e. Kodi crashes with Live TV
I have exactly the same problem. Signed Kodi for iOS with a Dev-ID and was able to install it without Jailbreak. But it crashes everytime I activate LiveTV. I read somewhere that without jailbreak the iPad would be write protected. Maybe it is related to that?
Can someone try to get the crash log so we can see where it crashes?
Happy to provide crash log. I am assuming it is not the same as the log I provided earlier.

I can use some tools to get to the directory. Just let me know what the file is called please.
(2016-02-16, 00:57)fantasticn Wrote: I have exactly the same problem. Signed Kodi for iOS with a Dev-ID and was able to install it without Jailbreak. But it crashes everytime I activate LiveTV. I read somewhere that without jailbreak the iPad would be write protected. Maybe it is related to that?

Did you have any luck figuring out your issue?
Not yet. Have not been using Kodi on the iPad very much. I even do not know how to access the Kodi files and the log via SSH (like I can with Linux/OpenElec or Android). Therefore I would have to try uploading the log via log uploader addon. Maybe I will do that at the weekend. Will try to update to Kodi 16.0 Jarvis before that, which means I first have to sign the file with a Dev-ID. It is so complicated on iOS just because Apple is trying to keep its system totally closed.
The same is happening here, we have a solution to the problem?

I'm using on an iPhone 6s plus with ios 9.3 without jailbreak.
Same here... using Kodi with Apple Tv 4.
Hi there

I have struggled with this issue for a couple of weeks but I think I may have found a solution.

When checking the crash logs, I noticed there was an issue with the RSS Feeds.

So I basically went into Settings -> Appearance -> Skins and disabled "Show RSS feeds"

Once I did that, I didn't have the issue where Kodi was crashing on load.

Hopefully this will help those of you experiencing the same issue.

Note, you will need to delete Kodi and re-configure the settings in order for this to work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New User - Kodi Crash on Startup using Live TV on iOS1