• 15(current)
Release Rapier 10.5.48 for Kodi 17 Krypton (DEPRECATED)
boah! (german: wow XD)
i like.
Gade ist deutscher?!
no, he's dutch^^ afaik
Yeah, that should significantly speed up the performance on any system. It does on all mine Smile

Gade is Danish, hehe.
I'm currently working on improving the home screen.
Both to speed up performance, reduce skin size and to make it a bit more modern.

All categories now use a regular font, which means that category images are no longer needed.
This improves performance, reduces the overall size and is much easier when creating custom categories. Now you just enter the text for the custom category.

I have moved some info around, recently added widgets now contains 5 items, and slightly sped up category animations, which should make them more responsive.

To give an idea of what I mean:

OLD HOME SCREEN - MOVIES CATEGORY:

NEW HOME SCREEN - MOVIES CATEGORY:

Please compare the two images and write any thoughts on this.
You can click them to see them full size.
you see more, ok. looks also nice.
Maybe the info about watched / unwatched items would be better on upper screen.
(2017-04-13, 08:20)skybird1980 Wrote: you see more, ok. looks also nice.
Maybe the info about watched / unwatched items would be better on upper screen.

Yeah, I like that 5 categories are now visible.

What do you mean by upper screen?
I wanted to get the total movies / unwatched movies info away from the recently added widget, because it applies to the entire movie category / library. And it now also makes room for the fifth item in the recently added widgets.
I like ur skin so much.. Poorly top slow for RPI3.. I have to reactivate my HTPC :-)))
(2017-04-13, 08:36)Gade Wrote: What do you mean by upper screen?
I wanted to get the total movies / unwatched movies info away from the recently added widget, because it applies to the entire movie category / library. And it now also makes room for the fifth item in the recently added widgets.

Maybe as extra Item without borders. Down of the main menu it just looks wrong.
(2017-04-13, 08:37)Ruschi Wrote: I like ur skin so much.. Poorly top slow for RPI3.. I have to reactivate my HTPC :-)))

Thanks so much Smile

Did you try out the development update, where you can disable all view types you don't use?

That will speed up the performance significantly.
(2017-04-13, 08:53)skybird1980 Wrote:
(2017-04-13, 08:36)Gade Wrote: What do you mean by upper screen?

Maybe as extra Item without borders. Down of the main menu it just looks wrong.

I really like it a lot and use the info all the time.

But my wife agrees with you, dammit!

I have no idea where else to put this info.

It looks good with other categories as well, I think:

theres much space in the upper line Big Grin
btw the tv info addon isn't showing at my version x_X
(2017-04-13, 13:39)skybird1980 Wrote: theres much space in the upper line Big Grin
btw the tv info addon isn't showing at my version x_X

The top bar is for other infos... weather, scanning libraries, notifications, battery status, date etc.

The PVR channels widget gets content directly from Kodi, so if the PVR add-on and channels are loaded it will show up after a while.
You can try entering the tv window and exit back to the home screen.

Or you can try resetting the pvr database in the pvr settings.
(2017-04-13, 11:45)Gade Wrote:
(2017-04-13, 08:37)Ruschi Wrote: I like ur skin so much.. Poorly top slow for RPI3.. I have to reactivate my HTPC :-)))

Thanks so much Smile

Did you try out the development update, where you can disable all view types you don't use?

Yes I disabled nearly everything..
It takes 10 sec at the first time to switch from homescreen to Moviescreen..
If I go back and in movies again it takes 1 second.. If I leave movies, switch back to homescreen and in a different screen like settings, it takes again 10 sec..

Crazy.. Is it because of caching something?!
(2017-04-13, 19:01)Ruschi Wrote:
(2017-04-13, 11:45)Gade Wrote:

Thanks so much Smile

Yes I disabled nearly everything..
It takes 10 sec at the first time to switch from homescreen to Moviescreen..
If I go back and in movies again it takes 1 second.. If I leave movies, switch back to homescreen and in a different screen like settings, it takes again 10 sec..

Crazy.. Is it because of caching something?!

Too bad.

10 seconds is a long time. On my Rpi2 there's also some lagging when entering the libraries the first time, but not that much.

All skin files, code, libraries etc. are loading when first entering.

I guess there's not much else you can do then.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier 10.5.48 for Kodi 17 Krypton (DEPRECATED)2