disabling movie background preview
Hi,
I'm using Jarvis 16.0 stable on Win7 64bit running on an i7 16GB Asus Notebook.
When I’m browsing my movies (or TV Shows) list, every time I leave the cursor over a title, it starts playing a preview from another random movie of my library on the background. It’s really annoying when deciding a movie to watch.
How can I disable this background preview? (Or at least make it preview the selected movie and start after a longer delay) I know it’s probably just some silly setting I have to change but I searched everywhere with no result.
Can someone help me please?
Thanks
Wow... sounds like a new feature in some skin. This is really not a standard Kodi issue, but something within one of the skins or an add-on that is doing this. Most of the skins will allow 'NO Fanart' so all you get is a blank background. (perhaps this is a non official 3rd party install?) Yup.. you guess it, a debug log request posted to a public paste-bin and linked back to this thread.

OTH: if you have clicked on a trailer or video, and hit the right mouse button or backspace key, it's likely the video will continue playing. This is to facilitate browsing and changing settings within the current session, and some skins will use this as your background art. You actually have to go into the video and execute a full stop within the OSD.
Maybe the TvTunes addon?
@PatK: I don't think is a new feature, because I'm having this issue for a long time... I can't remember exactly when it started but I guess maybe around Gotham or Helix.

@k4sh1n: I guess you're right. After disabling TvTunes it doesn't happen anymore. Probably there are some settings I changed before that activate this preview feature... I'll keep trying to find which setting exactly, in order to reactivate TvTunes later, but for now I can browse my file list without having annoying random movies starting to play on the background.

Thanks guys
Try toggle and save: Play themes when browsing movie list?
Sounds like a really annoying skin Smile and its no standard feature.

Tvtunes just plays music and its a terrible idea imo.
For the most part this kind of feature might be annoying, but I've run into some nice videos on Youtube that have some video clips stuck together of all the Oscar winners, All the SFX awards, etc... would be nice for those to start playing when hovering over the smart playlist, wonder if that's do-able?
Don't see why not, TvTunes lets you use/store tunes in a custom path according to wiki

Add-on:TvTunes
Patk yeah youve convinced me!

K4sh1n: my prob. with tvtunes is they can grab the audio and not let go when trying to play a tv show. maybe its advanced since then tho Smile

I always try n b and optimist!
I got a cool toy from the it guy today a gyration mouse/presenter highly configurable and fun to play with its like a mouse that you point in the sky Smile They were about to bin it due to no1 wanted it; 2 months old eek
Comes with its own charger and extra charger looped to the main charger with a second spare battery awesome for free!
@ Derek
Just posting links, but you could post your issue in the dedicated thread: Release - TvTunes Addon
Yeah good point bud i'll transfer tia
Did you try to options under Skin - Settings?

Settings Level should change to Expert mode first to see all options

http://media2.giga.de/2015/08/appearance...e-kodi.jpg
(2016-02-24, 21:07)lv99 Wrote: Did you try to options under Skin - Settings?

Settings Level should change to Expert mode first to see all options

http://media2.giga.de/2015/08/appearance...e-kodi.jpg

HuHHuh
Skin settings level does not affect this add-on's functionality....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
disabling movie background preview0