How to setup repeating timers (epg based) in Jarvis?
So, eventually I managed to upgrade from vdr 2.2.0 to 2.3.1 keeping most of my setup intact. Quite a piece of work since most of the documents on the web regarding vdr are pretty outdated and none of the well known repositories seems to provide a ppa for vdr 2.3.1. Thus, it requires some tweaks to get vdr 2.3.1 running as smoothly as vdr 2.2.0 did.

What I found: From the EPG grid I still get no response when choosing an epg item/title and selecting "add timer" from the context menu. I would have expected that this would get directly into a form where the name of title would be preselected for the recording.
In the timer window I can select "add timer" and this gives me two new options for type: Search EPG, and VPS.
When choosing "Search EPG" I am not sure if this will record any matching titel in a recurring fashion or if this will make VDR record only at its first occurence.

Furthermore, I noticed, that when a recording has finished KODI will display a notification "deleting timer xy" or similar. However, the name of the timer is not that of the completed timer but that of another, still active timer. I can confirm though, that the active timer is not removed from the timer list.

Two more points: When I wanted to stop a recording I used to go back to EPG grid, selected the title and then chose "Stop ecording" from the context menu. This isn't available any more. I now have to stop the recording from the main timer window.
Second, when trying to change VNSI server settings under client specific settings in TV section I noticed that VNSI server is using a different chraracter set than VDR and does not display sepcial characters correctly (while VDR OSD does).

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to setup repeating timers (epg based) in Jarvis? - by Spirou - 2016-09-11, 00:38
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to setup repeating timers (epg based) in Jarvis?0