Solved Can't rearrange categories
I want the recently added movies/episodes to be the first tile in the categories row for the Movies and TV Shows menus. So I went into Interface Settings > Skin > Configure Skin > Main Menu Items and select Edit Categories from one of those menus, which takes me to the Library Node Editor. When I select either Movies or TV Shows, I'm presented with a list of the various nodes. I pull up the context menu for Recently Added Movies/Episodes, and select Move Node. In the Move Node dialog box, I move the node to the top of the list.

So far, so good, but here's where things go off the rails a bit.

There's no "Okay" button or the equivalent in the Move Node dialog box, only a Cancel button. If I move the node and then press the back button, it returns me to the Library Node Editor screen, and the node has changed position in the list. But when I return to the main menu, the categories bar remains unchanged, even after exiting and restarting Kodi.

Is there supposed to be an Okay button in the Move Node dialog box? (If not, there needs to be since backing out is not an intuitive method of confirming the move.) Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong? Help!

EDIT: Solved. I don't know what was wrong, but after I deleted my profile and started with a fresh on, moving the node worked. Something must have been corrupted in my profile settings.
To apply changes you need to close windows without to select 'Cancel' button.

You need to reload skin or reboot to changes take effect.
 Estuary MOD V2 
As I said in my post, I did restart Kodi, and the Recently Added tiles are still at the far right of the Categories bars. I even completely rebooted the Fire TV stick the Kodi installation is on.
Does the new node layout show when you navigate Videos -> Movies as this will tell you if it's been saved.
I don't know what the cause of the problem was, but I deleted my profile and started with a clean one, and this time moving the node worked.
Just had this issue, after spending hours setting it up so wasn't readily willing to profile reset.

Alternatively, I set the ordering in Node Editor to match the "incorrect" sorting on the home screen (eg, you want, and have set, A, B, C, but home screen displays, C, B, A.  Change settings to also be C, B, A)
Then quit Kodi and reload.
Change ordering to what you want it to be (eg, back to A, B, C)
Quit and reload Kodi.

This fixed it for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't rearrange categories0