v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
Some suggestions:

Main menu is cluttered and navigation unintuitive. You have mixed vertical and horizontal menus on the same screen, in a non-grid layout. This is a UI no-no.

Navigation between items on the homescreen is unintuitive:
From the search box, if I press right I go to the star item. From the star item if I press left, I expect to go to the search box...nope, takes me diagonally down to movies. Oh dear. Major UI no-no to be so inconsistent.

Same lower down, I'm on Winter Sleep and I press left, I expect to go to the power button...nope, takes me diagonally UP to movies again.

This is the problem with mixing so many menus in different orientations.

Do we still need Kodi name and logo so prominent on the homescreen? No. It adds to the clutter and uses valuable space. Everybody using Kodi knows they are using it, don't need to remind them in large letters. Suffice to show the name and logo during bootup.

Limited customization: For example, allow to choose whether "random movies" is on home screen. For me it serves no purpose and simply adds to clutter.

Wall view (and banner view) animation (highlighted poster slides to left and box appears beside it) is gimmicky and disconcerting. Posters slithering around when I just want to scroll down through the list. Seems like including an animation just for the sake of it. Please include disable option. If you must keep it, at least put a delay so the posters are not slithering around while scrolling through the list.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - by voochi - 2016-03-08, 14:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin9