v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
(2016-03-08, 17:25)thedeadman Wrote: There's a lot to like in this skin, nice work guys.

I would however strongly advise removing that horizontal submenu menu from the homescreen (as pictured in Voochi's post). At the risk of sounding a bit Steve Jobs, It's a pig to navigate, the icons are not clearly representative of their function, and its presence leaves the overall structure of the design out of balance. Have faith in the 80/20 rule :-)

Reworkin that part might be something for 2.0.
The current solution might be not perfect, but I disagree that it is that bad to navigate. I had lot of non-tech-savyy testers who confirmed that.
Also, keep in mind that a default skin is a big big compromise. I just cannot leave out core functionality parts, and things have to work an all kind of platforms.

Thx for your feedback though, from what I can remember you (and some other guy named toolpunk) made some of the best UX/UI related posts here on the forums which also influenced how this thing turned out.
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit

Messages In This Thread
RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - by phil65 - 2016-03-08, 17:30
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin9