v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
(2016-03-08, 17:04)phil65 Wrote: That is a matter on how much emphasis you want to put on the submenu. Estuary obviously shifts focus to the widget part quite a bit, as you might have noticed.
Concerning your mockup, putting stuff at the screen edges (with the description label missing) and moving buttons into the bottom frame is not what I would call intuitive either.
If you take a step back and reduce things as much as possible then the main menu basically only consists of two elements: One vertical list at the left and one grid at the right (which includes the submenu)

And hey, if you disagree and feel this is not intuitive, feel free to switch skins. Wink

Positioning of elements relative to the screen edge and so forth was not intended to be exact/correct. It was just two minute thing with mspaint. Point was just to show that the sub-menu could be positioned close to it's parent and oriented the same way. That's how most skins handle it. Whether the sub-menu consists of icons or text labels or whatever...those are finer details for another discussion.

Regarding missing description labels - you have four icons in a horizontal row under the main menu. They don't have description labels.

I don't see any issue with power button on bottom frame...many OS put power button in some corner of the screen. Again, main point was to show we don't need lots of separate elements with all these different orientations. Is there a reason why power button would be grouped in a row with something like favorites? Favorites is library navigation, power is a system control. They are unrelated and I can't see any reason to group them.

File manager icon on home screen seems unnecessary also...is it a regularly used feature for the average user? I don't think so, but now I need to skip over it to get to the power icon (which is regularly used. Clutter.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin - by voochi - 2016-03-09, 03:30
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin9