• 39(current)
v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
Found a cosmetic bug in Estuary v2.

The offset height of the default text in empty Movies and Music Videos windows is wrong. The height of the text in the TV shows window is correct. Apparently, the height is wrong when there is a background image present?

Btw, it happens to both 16:9 and 21:9 screens.

i wouldnt mind the top icons (genre, etc) to be 1/2 the height they are are a little too big.
Is the background image like this for everyone or just me ? 4k tv downsampled to 1080p/30

(2016-11-24, 22:35)mazey Wrote: i wouldnt mind the top icons (genre, etc) to be 1/2 the height they are are a little too big.

I second that, and hopefully that will give enough space for unwatched movies and tvshow row to fit in nicely.

Thank you for great skin!
(2016-11-24, 22:57)nuc-LE Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 22:35)mazey Wrote: i wouldnt mind the top icons (genre, etc) to be 1/2 the height they are are a little too big.

I second that, and hopefully that will give enough space for unwatched movies and tvshow row to fit in nicely.

Thank you for great skin!

i just want In progress TV Shows and Recently added TV Shows to all fit on the same screen Smile as it stands you can only see 1 line without scrolling instead of 2 like before, there is a whole screen and you can only see 1 row fully that doesnt make much sense. reduce height of the top row icons and we get 2 again hopefully Smile much much better imo Smile
(2016-11-24, 22:46)luna_s Wrote: Is the background image like this for everyone or just me ? 4k tv downsampled to 1080p/30
No, not just you. The color banding on all the backgrounds is horrible.
They must be really low bit depth.
That would not even bother me so much if I were able to switch to another background... which does not seem to be an option in new Estuary anymore.

I am also begging (again) to bring back the awesome "slide-out" for the currently selected item in Wall view, just as an option if I'm a minority in liking it.
Pretty please:

(2016-11-24, 14:19)atoulmin Wrote: I don't mind the changes, however I've always liked the recently added items section. I've noticed now that if a movie or tv show is marked as "watched' it disappears from that list. Is their a way to keep them their?

I second this request. Is there not a way to link the Recently added items to show or hide with the option Hide Watched
Reasons for this is if another family member watches an episode, and then I go to check whats new, it has disappeared from the list.
(also if I've fallen asleep and come back next day to re-watch, it's gone.)
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
V2 on rpi2 (#1124) and the top level (upper right) home screen addons "install from zip file" option does nothing. Works fine from deeper in addons options
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
(2016-11-25, 00:59)MikeKL Wrote: V2 on rpi2 (#1124) and the top level (upper right) home screen addons "install from zip file" option does nothing. Works fine from deeper in addons options

Known issue.

https://github.com/phil65/skin.estuary/issues/9
(2016-11-22, 15:55)rodalpho Wrote: @polo_joe: The skin has been substantially improved and should be showing up in new nightlys soon. See if the new version suits your needs.

the new version is a great improvement. thanks for that!

but the tv show captions aren't vertical centered, so the font size could still be increased, because there is still unused space in the bars.
Using keyboard/remote to navigate to Add-ons:
Pressing the right arrow key it defaults to Categories: My add-ons instead of defaulting to the actual Video add-on installed, as it was with Estuary V1.
IMO this introduced unnecessary key strokes for anyone using add-ons regularly. Can this default back to point to the first of the actual video add-on? Thanks.
(2016-11-25, 01:12)mazey Wrote:
(2016-11-25, 00:59)MikeKL Wrote: V2 on rpi2 (#1124) and the top level (upper right) home screen addons "install from zip file" option does nothing. Works fine from deeper in addons options
Known issue.

https://github.com/phil65/skin.estuary/issues/9
Thanks for info, added + comment about not being sure about "instal from zip" being so prominent
RPi4, (LibreELEC 11.0) hdmi0 -> Philips 55PUS7304 4K TV, hdmi1 -> Onkyo TX-SR608 AV Receiver
its a nice skin, but i miss

- more skin settings
- a nice/usefull layout if i use custom video nodes (its terrible now)
AsRock Q1900DC - SanDisk SSD 64GB - Crucial 2x 4GB - Streacom F1C EVO (Futaba M166A Display, YARD2) - BluRay Panasonic UJ-265
I think that categories are of secondary interest to most of us. If you go to the trouble of assembling a media library you probably are fairly familiar with the entries. So I think the original topmost navigation scheme for actors, genres was ideal. Sometimes I might like to search across my library for a supporting actor or search by year but not that often.

Also the new navigation scheme along with the larger thumbs breaks the grid. My eye is not happy to see the half thumbs hanging off the bottom of the screen.
(2016-11-24, 23:31)vbat99 Wrote:
(2016-11-24, 14:19)atoulmin Wrote: I don't mind the changes, however I've always liked the recently added items section. I've noticed now that if a movie or tv show is marked as "watched' it disappears from that list. Is their a way to keep them their?

I second this request. Is there not a way to link the Recently added items to show or hide with the option Hide Watched
Reasons for this is if another family member watches an episode, and then I go to check whats new, it has disappeared from the list.
(also if I've fallen asleep and come back next day to re-watch, it's gone.)

I strongly agree with this. If many people use the same Kodi installation at different times then the recently added items get unnecessarily hidden when someone has watched a new episode alone.
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin9