• 4(current)
v16 Hybrid Revival
(2016-04-01, 01:44).Paul Wrote: I was wondering...The shutdown menu in Hybrid Dev...Does it shut down kodi 16 completely?

Many thanks again

.Paul

Yes
Depends on your OS and hardware eg: Windows yes, Android No
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Hi, first post here. I'm new to customizing kodi skins but hybrid is by far my favorite skin. I'm using kodi Jarvis and attempting to customize the texture file but running into problems. I use the kodi texture tool to decompile, edit a png, and rebuild with kodi texture tool. Problem is the settings screen and other various things are messed up after I do that. I thought I was causing it by editing png files but the same thing happens when I decompile and rebuild without touching any png file. I haven't touched an xml file either. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I apologize for all the noobish-ness.... I'm really new to all of this and trying to learn as I go. Thank you ahead of time for any help.
You probably have an incorrect setting when re-building. I'd suggest cloning Hybrid from GitHub as those textures are uncompressed and is how I run Hybrid on my machine.

Great. Thank you for the response. I'll defintely give that a try
(2016-04-02, 04:23)ebega Wrote: Hi, first post here. I'm new to customizing kodi skins but hybrid is by far my favorite skin. I'm using kodi Jarvis and attempting to customize the texture file but running into problems. I use the kodi texture tool to decompile, edit a png, and rebuild with kodi texture tool. Problem is the settings screen and other various things are messed up after I do that. I thought I was causing it by editing png files but the same thing happens when I decompile and rebuild without touching any png file. I haven't touched an xml file either. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I apologize for all the noobish-ness.... I'm really new to all of this and trying to learn as I go. Thank you ahead of time for any help.

Are you using the latest version (V2.54) of the texture tool?
Yeah I was using the latest version, not sure what was going on but I had the same results for Jarvis hybrid as well as latest hybrid dev. But i just did as suggested and left everything uncompressed and worked like a charm. Thank you guys for helping
Hi my 1st post please be gentle...ok i am trying to change the transparency of the menu bar in the skin so i can see my backgrounds through it, i know i need to edit the xml with <colordiffuse>BFFFFFFF</colordiffuse> i am following this post..

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=122972

i have added the command to the home,xml and the includes xml but i cant find the 3rd part that says edit..
And all HomeSubEnd.png's in "includesMainMenuItems.xml":

please can you help? or if i need to edit somewhere else then could you show me where?

p.s i have only used xml a few times so im quite new to it but learning

thanks
Newgster
Ambitious if you're very new Wink but we've all got to start somewhere.

First that post is rather old and was referring to very old mods of confluence. Hybrid is slightly different now and I use the <colordiffuse> tag to alter the colour of various images in the skin. I now use the animation effect "fade" to adjust the transparency.

If you want to MOD a skin it's always best to spend a bit of time digging through the skin to see how it works, look for any routines that may do what you want. eg: in Hybrid there's a routine called "WidgetTransparency" and another "TransparentEffect" If you've used the skin you know you can adjust the transparency, so it's a good chance that those routines have something to do with that.

Use something like Notepad++ and look for every mention of "WidgetTransparency" in the skins 720p folder to find how where and why it's called. Then the challenge is to find and follow the menu and submenu images and call the routine or your own variation of it.

To follow how the menu is built it's alway easiest to start of with the "home.xml" file and start digging, but in Hybrid you'll need to look at the files "IncludesHomeMenuSys" and "IncludesSubMenuSys"

In "IncludesSubMenuSys" you'll find the image you're asking about is called "SubEnd.png" and not "HomeSubEnd.png". you'll have to apply your "transparency" code to every one of them.

The next problem you're going to have is that some stuff on the home screen is hidden below the menu bar and would show through if the bar was transparent. You could turn those things off in the settings.

As a parting shot - I've no problems helping you, but not by digging through the code and doing it for you just to show you how. Also if you're more interested in getting a transparent menu bar than learning to MOD a skin - Just edit the images in something like "Gimp" and make them more transparent.

Hi Mudislander,
Thank so much for getting back to me.
My plan is to learn some basic modding etc.
I have used this skin for a long time and i love it and now want to try and just add my own few touches to it.
I have notepad++ already and have done bits within the skin like change the font type by editing the XML,(following tutorials) i know my way around XML once opened just not good with all of it im still learning and obviously don't know code ect but am quite good with learning things like this.
I have found where you said to check and had a good read through the "IncludesSubMenuSys" and the "IncludesHomeMenuSys"
in "IncludesSubMenuSys" it returns 26 hits for "SubEnd.png" but wouldn't know how to add the "transparency" code that will change the home menu bar more transparent.
I have made backups of all the .XML in the 720p folder in case i stuff it up but have to start somewhere.
I prefer the " ill help you but not do it for you" approach as it is far better for learning from.
Anyway thanks for getting back to me i really appreciate it and any more help you can provide.
Regards
Newgster
'Recently added episodes' only seems to show the show's artwork and not episode thumbs ?
This is data pulled from my Trakt acccount, Xonfluence shows episode thumbnails correctly.
Any tips or hints here ?
Many thanks Mudislander!
Running into a bit a problem. Using the latest version of hybrid. I create a Movies section on the home screen using a node that opens "people watching" in exodus. I then create a node widget for that section. All of that works perfectly. I've enabled the extended information widget and when I highlight a movie in the node widget, the extended information window shows. The info widget shows the movie thumbnail and description, but doesn't show fanart in the preview window or on the home homescreen background. If I "enable widget fanart on homescreen", the preview window shows the stock kodi splash screen and it also shows the splash as the home screen background. If I disable this, the homescreen background won't change from stock, but the preview still shows the splash screen. I thought previous versions of hybrid would show the item fanart in the preview as well as the homescreen background but I could be mistaken. Is there a way I can enable fanart to show in these 2 places when I choose a widget item or is this something a user needs to implement on their own? Thanks in advance for the help. ☺
I've just ripped apart the home widgets code, was getting unnecessarily complex, once it's working again I'll release an update. hopefully that'l work better Wink

Thanks for the update and thanks for your hard work. Appreciated.
First, Hybrid is awesome! I'm wondering how I can have more than the 6 items in the submenu's if possible? Thanks!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hybrid Revival0