• 40(current)
Bug reports
Thanks for the reply!

While reproducing this, I came across this: What you said in your previous post, works indeed with the keyboard. But when I switch to my remoten there is no Seekbar OSD when paused. When I skip the video for ten seconds (on my remote), the Seekbar OSD is shown and goes away again. But no luck with this when pressing pause on my remote. It does work while pressing spacebar (pause) on my keyboard. Then the Seekbar OSD is shown and goes away automatically. 
Can this be fixed for the remote?

Is there a way to add values on this Seekbar OSD? I liked the one of V18 better, but I know that is personal off course.
(f.e. can I copy the code of the seekbar of V18 to the folder of my V19? If so, can you point me where this code is located)
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
(2021-02-09, 13:47)Zokkel Wrote: While reproducing this, I came across this: What you said in your previous post, works indeed with the keyboard. But when I switch to my remoten there is no Seekbar OSD when paused. When I skip the video for ten seconds (on my remote), the Seekbar OSD is shown and goes away again. But no luck with this when pressing pause on my remote. It does work while pressing spacebar (pause) on my keyboard. Then the Seekbar OSD is shown and goes away automatically. 
Can this be fixed for the remote?

It should be the exact same behavior using a remote as whether using keyboard or remote the same action is forwarded to the player which the skin will then act on the status of the player, if the seekbar is not activating that suggests the player is not receiving a normal pause action from the remote. What type of remote is it?

(2021-02-09, 13:47)Zokkel Wrote: Is there a way to add values on this Seekbar OSD? I liked the one of V18 better, but I know that is personal off course.
(f.e. can I copy the code of the seekbar of V18 to the folder of my V19? If so, can you point me where this code is located)

What values?

The new seekbar code is here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...ml#L9-L147

The old seekbar code for v18 (most of it is still there in v19 as it still forms the basis of the progress bar on the Info & Menu OSD's) is here https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Leia/a...#L105-L301
(2021-02-09, 15:55)jjd-uk Wrote: What type of remote is it?
Logitech Harmony remote 350. It did work in v18.

I can provide a debug log (do i need to activate component specific logging?) if needed.

Edit:
I copied those files from a previous v18.9 install to my current V19 RC1 install:
Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml
DialogSeekBar.xml

I have 'my' old pause OSD seekbar back AND the pause button on my remote works again. Thanks! I'll stick with this.
Windows 10 Pro (64bit), Kodi v19.1 "Matrix"
Intel NUC8i3BEH (Samsung 970 Evo, G. Skill Ripjaws 8GB)
Samsung UE49KS7000, Logitech Harmony remote 350
AudioEngine D1, Synology DS218j NAS (SMB protocol)
When viewing TV shows in Poster view, the show with focus does not show the watched count.
@jjd-uk 
I like to edit the rating and user rating values for specific tracks using the metadata editor addon when I add a new album to my Kodi library, then export the library so these values are written to the NFO file and stored. I noticed a couple of days ago when viewing the Album Info Dialog screen that these ratings seem to be positioned almost to the centre of each of track labels, meaning they overlap. Can't say I've ever noticed this before in earlier versions prior to Matrix, but pretty sure this isn't the desired look. Maybe placing them on the far right of each track would be good position? 

Possible bug, or at least unexpected behavior, effects v18 and 19.

If you go to the top row of icons for movies and choose "Sets" and click somewhere on the left side of the screen (short of bringing out the side blade menu), meaning none of the sets are highlighted any more, the arrow keys won't navigate the menu. Other menus, like Movies > Genre, if you do the same thing and hit, say, the down arrow key, the previously highlighted entry will be highlighted again and you can navigate. May only effect mouse/keyboard users. Doesn't seem to happen when de-highlighting things by clicking on the right side of the screen. You can still hear the "clicks" of the menu when this happens, but nothing is highlighted and the screen isn't navigating.
When you are looking at a movie/show info and you press up it asks the user to install "Embuary Info". Once this installs it adds a new category at the end of each section to see whats upcoming.
This then breaks the bar index by starting the navigation at mid way through (5th icon?) rather than the first.
So now if you want to get to recently added (first item in the list) you have to now hit left a bunch of times because of the starting offset.

Then also the tv upcoming view is a bit wonky and not showing you the show title and other usability issues.. but more of a problem with the actual plugin and outside the scope of this forum.
(2021-05-21, 23:27)thezoggy Wrote: When you are looking at a movie/show info and you hit up it askes the user to install "Embuary Info".

That is something that Estuary in a clean Kodi install will never do. So perhaps your setup has some leftovers from a previous installation that will trigger that 'question', but a clean Kodi setup is not related at all to any other skin.
@Klojum Estuary was updated to use script.embuary.info instead of script.extendedinfo recently.
(2021-05-22, 12:12)Hitcher Wrote: @Klojum Estuary was updated to use script.embuary.info instead of script.extendedinfo recently.

What !?! Eek

Okay, I stand corrected. Smile
Not as recent as I thought -

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/db1d...c324544b08
Is the plot/album description supposed to scroll in shift view. It is enabled in skin settings yet on my system doesn't scroll. Am I missing something.
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2021-08-11, 17:44)leepenny Wrote: Is the plot/album description supposed to scroll in shift view.

No, it's not. It's also meant to the be plot outline not the actual full plot.
Thanks for clearing that up.
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
No info is provided in Video window when browsing music videos and content is "albums" for "infowall" view.

Problem, is this case is not provided for in MyVideoNav.xml.

Suggested fix.  Add new textbox control to cover this case, viz:

Code:
<control type="textbox">
     <left>30</left>
      <top>240</top>
      <width>525</width>
      <bottom>100</bottom>
      <visible>String.IsEqual(ListItem.DBtype,album) + !String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(album_description))</visible>
      <label>$INFO[ListItem.Artist,[I],[/I][CR][CR]]$INFO[ListItem.Property(album_description)][CR][CR]</label>
      <autoscroll delay="10000" time="3000" repeat="10000">Skin.HasSetting(autoscroll)</autoscroll>
</control>

into the left side info group.

scott s.
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bug reports5