Req ListItem.Property(Addon.HasDependencies)?
Good day to the powers that be Smile

I am trying to come up with as many ways as possible to avoid user error and it seems to me that one of the most repeated is missing dependencies so I would like to ask for a way to let users know that a script is installed correctly. Is there something I can use currently or perhaps adding something like $INFO[ListItem.Property(Addon.HasDependencies)] could be on the table?

Thanks
Stop them from manually unzipping the Addons.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-03-01, 23:23)Martijn Wrote: Stop them from manually unzipping the Addons.
If only that were possible. If such a thing was, Team Kodi and its forum moderators might not have to deal with so many of the same issues over and over again, like banned add-ons or "Why can't I PM?" Wink

I was just hoping to, for lack of a better headline, "stupid proof" things. What the world might be like if people would take a f'n second to search for the same questions that have been asked and answered a thousand time prior but, I suspect, that trend will most likely continue for the foreseeable future.

I digress... Is this something that is not interesting, possible, or worse than displaying a warning popup when adding a third party repo or installing from zip?

My thought was one could have scripts that were required by the skin but a users system did not contain its dependencies so I would then display that graphically somehow just to let them know something was amiss. Is it that bad of an idea?
You can remove all dependencies and just use the check/install method now instead.

PHP Code:
<onclick condition="System.HasAddon(script.skinshortcuts)">RunScript(script.skinshortcuts,type=manage&amp;group=mainmenu)</onclick>
<
onclick condition="!System.HasAddon(script.skinshortcuts)">InstallAddon(script.skinshortcuts)</onclick

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ListItem.Property(Addon.HasDependencies)?0