Bug wrong view for Select Dialog
Sometimes when i need to refresh an artist and the dialog will ask me to choose between the name in the database i can't see nothing at all.
Like if the skin will try to show me a dialog in another viewtype but without making me see any choices.

[UPDATE]
HOW TO REPRODUCE THE ERROR in easy way:
1.go into game, try to load any kind of rom (you will have the white popup like select dialog where ask you to choose the emulator) and this is the right select dialog interface
2.turn back, go into a movie section and try to choose the art of a movie (you will have a different select dialog without even the "Add Art type/category" button. Displayed in the thumbnail addon view)
3.you can also turn back on games and try to load again a random rom (now the select dialog will be exactly the wrong one that we displayed in movies/choose art

The wrong view probably is caused by some error inside the dialogselect.xml Something is missing probably in order to point to the right dialog view

If somebody can help me to figure it out of to solve this problem i will be very glad. It makes impossible to add art sections/categories. Impossible to install any kind of addon because there will not be a confirm selection into the view that shows the dependancy (that will be displayed again with the wrong select dialog without any confirm button)

Right Select Dialog for movies/addons etc...

Wrong select dialog. No Button in order to confirm or to add Art Type
A screenshot will help
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-11-11, 21:56)Karellen Wrote: A screenshot will help
 I will make a screenshot as soon as the problem will show itself again.

In few words usually when you refresh an artist (in this case music library) it will appear the dialog with the spinning circle and, if the database will contain multiple artist with the same or similar name, will return at the user a dialog with a multiple choice in overlay.

Sometimes the spinning circle dialog doesn't show up and the dialog with the choices have the text about chosing the artist in the upper left corner of the screen, the list will be invisible and without any clue about being in overlay. The scroll bar is barely noticeable on the left side of the screen.

This looks like if the skin tries to show the result not as a dialog but inside a grid/icon view
Basically seems that the skin goes in thumbnail view (obviously with content not visible) instead of show the white selection dialog in overlay

Probably, i think, the wrong behavior is inside the dialogselect.xml
If somebody can help me to figure out how to fix it by watching the code:
Quote:<window>
    <defaultcontrol always="true">3</defaultcontrol>
    <onunload condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window(selectdialog).Property(Property))">Skin.SetString($INFO[Window(selectdialog).Property(Property),,.Label],$INFO[Window(selectdialog).Property(Label)])</onunload>
    <onunload condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window(selectdialog).Property(Property))">Skin.SetString($INFO[Window(selectdialog).Property(Property),,.Icon],$INFO[Window(selectdialog).Property(Icon)])</onunload>
    <onunload condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window(selectdialog).Property(Property))">ClearProperty(Label,selectdialog)</onunload>
    <onunload condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window(selectdialog).Property(Property))">ClearProperty(Icon,selectdialog)</onunload>
    <onunload condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window(selectdialog).Property(Property))">ClearProperty(Property,selectdialog)</onunload>
    <onunload condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(metadata.actors))">ClearProperty(metadata.actors,home)</onunload>
    <onunload condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(ChooseArt)) + !String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(ChooseArtType))">SetProperty(ChooseArt,$INFO[Window(Home).Property(ChooseArtType)],Home)</onunload>
    <onunload condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(ChooseArt)) + !String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(ChooseArtType))">ClearProperty(ChooseArtType,Home)</onunload>
    <onunload condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(ChooseArt)) + Container.Content(musicvideos) + !Window.Next(filebrowser)">ClearProperty(ChooseArt,Home)</onunload>
    <controls>
        <control type="group">
            <animation type="WindowOpen" condition="String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(metadata.actors)) + [Window.IsVisible(progressdialog) | Window.IsVisible(smartplaylistrule) | Window.IsVisible(3003) | Window.IsVisible(mediafilter) | Window.IsVisible(addonsettings) | Window.IsVisible(SubtitleSearch)]" reversible="false">
                <effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="0" delay="300" />
            </animation>
            <animation type="WindowOpen" condition="Window.IsVisible(contextmenu) | !String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(metadata.actors))" reversible="false">
                <effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="0" delay="550" />
            </animation>
            <include condition="String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(ChooseArt)) + !Window.IsActive(fullscreenvideo) + !Window.IsActive(fullscreengame) + !Window.IsActive(visualisation)">DialogSelect</include>
            <include condition="String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(ChooseArt)) + [Window.IsActive(fullscreenvideo) | Window.IsActive(fullscreengame) | Window.IsActive(visualisation)]">DialogSelectOSD</include>
        </control>
        <include condition="!String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(ChooseArt))">DialogSelectArt</include>
    </controls>
</window>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
wrong view for Select Dialog0