• 17(current)
[Release] Meta video search addon
(2017-09-27, 06:45)ed_davidson Wrote: Movies play perfectly but TV shows will not. All my TV shows are in Show Name folders inside c:/TVShows/
Since tvshows tend to have their own folder with subfolders for seasons, you need to add in more steps to end up in the place where your actual episodes are:
So instead of
Code:
"steps": [
                   "{clearname}.*S{season:02d}E{episode:02d}.*(avi|mp4|mkv)"
               ]
which looks for files named something like "<TVShowname>.S<season>E<episode>.(avi|mp4|mkv)",
so by using that you are basically saying you have all(!) your episodes of all(!) your shows in the root of your tvshows-folder.
I am thinking you should be using something more like:
Code:
                   "{clearname}",
                   "Season {season}",
               ]
Depending offcourse on your naming conventions, the above addition assumes your tvshows all have their seperate folders containing seperate folders
for each season with season-folders named somethin like "Season <season>" and episodes named something like "<TVShowname>.S<season>E<episode>.(avi|mp4|mkv)"
(2017-09-27, 10:57)Quihico Wrote:
(2017-09-27, 06:45)ed_davidson Wrote: Movies play perfectly but TV shows will not. All my TV shows are in Show Name folders inside c:/TVShows/
Since tvshows tend to have their own folder with subfolders for seasons, you need to add in more steps to end up in the place where your actual episodes are:
So instead of
Code:
               ]
which looks for files named something like "<TVShowname>.S<season>E<episode>.(avi|mp4|mkv)",
so by using that you are basically saying you have all(!) your episodes of all(!) your shows in the root of your tvshows-folder.
I am thinking you should be using something more like:
Code:
                   "{clearname}",
                   "Season {season}",
               ]
Depending offcourse on your naming conventions, the above addition assumes your tvshows all have their seperate folders containing seperate folders
for each season with season-folders named somethin like "Season <season>" and episodes named something like "<TVShowname>.S<season>E<episode>.(avi|mp4|mkv)"

Thanks I'll give it a try and let you know.
Awesome thankyou all. I finally got it working now.

My final test file is C:/TVShows/Narcos/Season3/Narcos E03E03 Follow the money.avi
and my player is

Code:
{
  "id": "provider.local",
  "name": "Local",
  "movies": [
      [
          {
              "link": "c:/Movies/",
                  "{title}.*(avi|mp4|mkv)"
              ]
          }
      ]
  ],
  "tvshows": [
      [
          {
              "link": "c:/TVShows/",
                 "{clearname}",
                 "Season {season}",
                 "{clearname} *S{season:02d}E{episode:02d} {title}.*(avi|mp4|mkv|mpg|mov)"
             ]
          }
      ]
  ]
}

I didnt know that the spaces had to the included in the player format to make it all work
wrong post
Hi Guys,

I need some help with a very simple local player that's giving me trouble. The strange thing is the player works fine on one LibreELEC box S805 but won't work on another box running Libreelec S905x

All My movies are stored at: /var/media/KODI/Movies/
All my TV Shows are stored at: /var/media/KODI/TVShows/

My player is this which works on one  LE box but not the other:

{
    "name": "1b) USB PLAYER",
    "id": "provider.local.q",
        [
            {
                "link": "/var/media/KODI/Movies/",
                    "{title}.*(avi|mp4|mkv)"
                ]
            }
        ]
    ],
        [
            {
                "link": "/var/media/KODI/TVShows/",
                ]
            }
        ]
    ]
}

Here is a section of the log:
15:56:08.558 T:139786185489728   DEBUG: Activating window ID: 10138
15:56:08.567 T:139783839049472   DEBUG: [xbmcswift2] Loading storage "browser" from disk
15:56:08.567 T:139784970282752   DEBUG: Skin Helper Service --> Kodi_Monitor: sender xbmc - method: Playlist.OnClear  - data: {"playlistid":1}
15:56:08.568 T:139783839049472   DEBUG: [xbmcswift2] Reading pickle storage from disk at "/storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.meta/.storage/browser"
15:56:08.570 T:139783839049472   DEBUG: [xbmcswift2] Storage miss for function "cached_list_dir" with args "(u'/var/media/KODI/Movies/', None)" and kwargs "{}"
15:56:08.570 T:139783839049472   DEBUG: CUtil::GetMatchingSource: no matching source found for [/var/media/KODI/Movies/]
15:56:08.570 T:139783839049472   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 4 times.
15:56:08.570 T:139783839049472   ERROR: [plugin.video.meta] /var/media/KODI/Movies/
I am trying to configure the Meta addon but I am having trouble.

I installed the 'MetaTeam' repository.
From the 'Metateam' repository, I installed the Meta 'context menus' and 'video add-on'.

Then I went into 'Meta Settings'.
I have set the 'player url' = 'http://tinyurl.com/jqcev34' and clicked '- install from URL'.
When I try to 'Enable movie players', I only see 'Library'.  I have a ton of video add-on installed.
When I try to 'Enable TV players', I only see 5 choices.  I have a ton of video add-on installed.
When I try to 'Enable Live TV', I don't see any choices.  I have a HDhomerun device with several channels available.

When I try to use 'Meta', I can see the movies and tv shows but when I click on one to launch it, it shows '100% 5/5' at the top but no choice of feeds.  Also it shows a lot of stuff that I doubt I can watch, like recently released movies and TV shows.
@virtualpaul

I have removed your other duplicated post.

You will need to provide a Debug_Log (wiki). The instructions are in my signature. Use the Basic method. Once you have enabled debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging, restart Kodi then replicate the problem. In your case, try to play the movie. Once done upload to https://pastebin.com/ or https://paste.ubuntu.com/ and link back here. Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hi [b]Karellen[/b],

Here is the debug log you asked: https://pastebin.com/CM03nn5Y

Is there a quick way to remove personal info from those log before posting?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Hi virtualpaul,

Thanks for the log. It is not something I am able to assist with as I am not familiar with this add-on. At least the log is there and available for those more knowledgeable to look and help. Members are more inclined to open an available log, than to ask for one, which is why so many of my posts are just asking for a log... just to get the ball rolling for you.

(2018-03-06, 22:40)virtualpaul Wrote: Is there a quick way to remove personal info from those log before posting?
There is no auto way to do it. It is a matter of using Search and Replace. eg... Find "John" and replace with "Redacted"
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Ok thanks.

I guess I'll have to wait for metate to answer me.
hi - awesome addon - my question, how would i create a live tv player .json? is there a template i could tinker with?
Resurrecting an old thread because with working Netflix and Amazon addons and (hopefully) the decline of pirate addons maybe Meta can make a comeback!

I have a provider for Amazon VOD (can't remember who wrote it back in the day, but it's probably in this thread somewhere!) but I haven't had any luck getting Netflix to work so hopefully someone smarter than me can get it working!

Amazon VOD Provider
HI All
so i'm trying my local player aswell, but i'm stuck when the TV Show is located inside a folder of its own,
meaning, i'm trying this player :

"link"      : "c:/TV SHOWS/",
    "steps"     : ["{clearname}.*S{season:02d}E{episode:02d}.*(avi|mp4|mkv|mpg|mov|ts)"],
    "action"    : "PLAY"

works only if the episodes are located inside this "TV SHOWS" folder, but if i put the episodes  inside a folder of its own inside "TV SHOWS" it wont work, please advise how to make this player to search inside sub folders aswell  (if it's possible)

much appreciated .
I think I have my TV Shows organized the same way (TV Shows/[show name]/[show name].S01E01) and the default library provider works just fine, do you have your folder structure setup a different way?

Code:
{
    "name": "Library",
    "priority": 0,
        [
            {
                "link": "tvshows"
            }
        ]
    ],
        [
            {
                "link": "movies"
            }
        ]
    ]
}
(2019-03-06, 06:56)loki131 Wrote: I think I have my TV Shows organized the same way (TV Shows/[show name]/[show name].S01E01) and the default library provider works just fine, do you have your folder structure setup a different way?

Code:
{
    "name": "Library",
    "priority": 0,
        [
            {
                "link": "tvshows"
            }
        ]
    ],
        [
            {
                "link": "movies"
            }
        ]
    ]
}
here an example of the structure in my pc  : "c:\TV SHOWS\The whatwhat\The.whatwhat.S01E08.mkv"
i did try the default player, not working...
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Meta video search addon3