Mod mpcdigitize Arctic Zephyr mods
watch gallery

First I would like to say thank you to jurialmunkey for creating this great skin.

This is my first attempt in modding Kodi skin. There is little bit of learning curve but as you can see overall result looks acceptable. I have a large collection of music videos and unfortunately Kodi is doing poor job in department of organizing and displaying that content. So this is sort a "hack". I treat music videos as TV Series. The only problem I had was a way of showing videos in a nicer way. Therefore I added this viewtype based on a list. I wanted to bring forward fanart as a focus point and use as much of the real estate as possible. As you can see there are 2 versions of this view. First one I call it Medium because it still allows bottom section (clock and icons) to be visible. Second version is called Tall since it uses entire available space. Clock is moved to the right top corner. Therefore you would have to disable clock and icons in skin furniture settings.

This mod is not completed, however if you feel adventures you can download files from github

https://github.com/mpcdigitize/arctic_zephyr_mods

Make sure you backup artic zephyr skin folder before applying these mods.

\Kodi\addons\skin.arctic.zephyr

Place Dark with Light Dialogs_MOD.xml in folder:

\Kodi\addons\skin.arctic.zephyr\colors

Place other files in folder:

\Kodi\addons\skin.arctic.zephyr\colors\1080i

Reload skin or restart Kodi

make changes in System --> Skin Settings
Select Colours -- > Dark with Light Dialogs_MOD

If you want to use Tall vietype then you will have to also disable under Furniture

Show Header
Show Clock
Show media flags
Show icon media flags

Additional mod:

Home.xml -- removed Now Recording info
This is so incredible. I've been looking for something like this for a long time and it's almost perfect! Thank you so much!
I'm glad you like it. If you have any suggestions, please let me know.
Woops, I signed in with different account. Anyway, I welcome any ideas.
Since we have to disable some furniture, I would love to see when a TV show aired, or when it will air next. I'll mes around with it today and see if I can offer up anything else! Thank you again!
Also, this doesn't display at all when using Exodus. I don't know if that is by design or not, but just fyi.
After checking out couple of skins, I was able to figure out that views for video addons are controlled by each skin. For example arctic zephyr has list, big list and thumbnail and only these options are available. Other skins may have only one view available or completely different ones. So, this options are set on higher level than individual view. Just need to find out where exactly is this option.

Episode release date is already visible right next to episode number
Gotcha. Love it!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mpcdigitize Arctic Zephyr mods0