• 8(current)
Broken Discovery Channels - Matrix version 2021.10.08 available
(2017-04-03, 02:55)kewlhtpc Wrote: Hi Chris,
I was wondering if "Discovery Channels" is going to get a fix soon?
There is no more list of links showing now.

Same here on Kodi Krypton 17.1 and SPMC 16.6.

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'urllib2.HTTPError'>
                                            Error Contents: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

Full Debug Log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/24306307/
(2017-04-03, 14:28)Eye in the sky Wrote:
(2017-04-03, 02:55)kewlhtpc Wrote: Hi Chris,
I was wondering if "Discovery Channels" is going to get a fix soon?
There is no more list of links showing now.

Same here on Kodi Krypton 17.1 and SPMC 16.6.

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'urllib2.HTTPError'>
                                            Error Contents: HTTP Error 404: Not Found

Full Debug Log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/24306307/

Damn, I'm now getting the same error. Looks like they've moved some things around on the website. Let me take a look and see where everything is now, and I'll push out a fix as soon as I can.
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Yup, I'm also getting same error too.

Chris, Thanks bud. Looking foreword on fixes.

Two of the best add-ons IMHO.

Smile
Version 3.2.4 should fix the issues from the website changes.

It could probably use some tweaking to possibly speed it up a bit, but it is working for me on Linux, MacOSX, and Android, using Isengard, Jarvis and Krypton. It takes about 15-20 seconds to load the episodes on Linux and MacOSX, and about 90 seconds on Android, though that is probably due to my tablet being very old and slow to begin with.

I need to get some feedback here before I push it to my repo.

As usual, if you have any issues with the add-on, please post a link to a log (wiki).
Kodi Nexus (20.2) on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix (19.3) on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Chris,
working fantastic!
I'm testing on W10 PC Lappy. Episodes load really quick for Discovery, Velocity and Animal Planet, about 3-5 sec.
I'll test tomorrow on my android Shield. Should work without any problems.
Thanks again my friend for your quick fix.
It doesnt load the shows at all here using Krypton.

I just constantly get the "working" spinner until eventually after several minutes Kodi will sometimes crash.
Fine on Windows 10, Krypton 17.1 and SPMC (Nvidia Shield) but still not working for me on Android Krypton 17.1.

debug log Nvidia Shield

debug log Fire TV Stick 1gen
Yup, working fine on my Shield too which is running latest SPMC.
Also forgot to mention that I'm not using Krypton on my W10 lappy,
I'm sticking with Jarvis 16 because a whole bunch of my add-ons won't work for me and also a custom skin that I use won't work in Krypton 17.1

Good luck ian1095 and Eye in the sky,....
hope this gets working for you both.
(2017-04-04, 05:43)kewlhtpc Wrote: Chris,
working fantastic!
I'm testing on W10 PC Lappy. Episodes load really quick for Discovery, Velocity and Animal Planet, about 3-5 sec.
I'll test tomorrow on my android Shield. Should work without any problems.
Thanks again my friend for your quick fix.

Thanks for the feedback. Good to know it's working for you.

(2017-04-04, 09:01)ian1095 Wrote: It doesnt load the shows at all here using Krypton.

I just constantly get the "working" spinner until eventually after several minutes Kodi will sometimes crash.

Without more info, all I can do is speculate wildly. Please post a link to a debug_log (wiki).

(2017-04-04, 13:01)Eye in the sky Wrote: Fine on Windows 10, Krypton 17.1 and SPMC (Nvidia Shield) but still not working for me on Android Krypton 17.1.

debug log Nvidia Shield

debug log Fire TV Stick 1gen

Thanks for the feedback. 2 out of 3 isn't bad. Wink I'd like to do better though.

Looking at the log for your Fire TV Stick, I can see the add-on is grabbing the correct stream url, but when it hands it off to ffmpeg it just seems to bork. Perplexing.

Code:
ERROR: ffmpeg[544B9F90]: [tls] The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
ERROR: ffmpeg[544B9F90]: [hls,applehttp] Error when loading first segment...
DEBUG: Error, could not open file...
ERROR: OpenDemuxStream - Error creating demuxer

If I remember correctly, this issue also occurred with version 3.2.1 and your Fire TV Stick, and I was never able to offer a solution. This bugs me though, and I'll continue to try and figure this one out. I've got some work to do on 3.2.4 anyway - the code could probably be leaner, and definitely cleaner, so maybe in my efforts to clean things up I'll come across a solution for this.
Strange, just noticed that TLC is working on my Nvidia Shield with Krypton 17.1 (no thumbnails) but not on my Fire TV Stick.
There's nothing in the log really of note pertaining to this addon,as the lists dont open and just give the constant spinner, hence why i never posted one.

Here's all there is regarding this addon.

Code:
12:38:04.844 T:1985046352   ERROR: GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.discovery-channels/?iconimage=special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fplugin.video.discovery-channels%2fresources%2fmedia%2fdiscovery.png&mode=420&name=Discovery%20Channel&url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.discoverygo.com
12:38:04.849 T:1985046352   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.discovery-channels/?iconimage=special%3a%2f%2fhome%2faddons%2fplugin.video.discovery-channels%2fresources%2fmedia%2fdiscovery.png&mode=420&name=Discovery%20Channel&url=https%3a%2f%2fwww.discoverygo.com) failed
12:38:39.465 T:1965028400   ERROR: CPythonInvoker(10, /media/hdd/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.discovery-channels/addon.py): script didn't stop in 5 seconds - let's kill it

EDIT: Whilst I was typing this message and copying and pasting from the log to here, I inadvertently left it trying to open the program lists with the spinner turning onscreen. When I returned to the TV I noticed the lists had actually eventually opened and I was able to start a stream and its playing fine. It is incredibly slow though as finding the relevant info from my log and copying and pasting it on here must have taken several minutes So it does work (sometimes) if Kodi doesn't crash first whilst trying to open them, but patience is definitely required lol
Thanks for the update, working now on all systems (had to select Html5lib on SPMC).
Updated version 3.2.6 is now available. Download from the link below, from the first post, or if you have my repo installed you can update from it.

Discovery Channels - v 3.2.6

(2017-04-05, 13:42)ian1095 Wrote: There's nothing in the log really of note pertaining to this addon,as the lists dont open and just give the constant spinner, hence why i never posted one.

Actually, the add-on prints a number of messages in the standard log, none of which are displayed in the log snippet you've posted. Posting a link to a full log would may have been more helpful.

(2017-04-05, 13:42)ian1095 Wrote: EDIT: Whilst I was typing this message and copying and pasting from the log to here, I inadvertently left it trying to open the program lists with the spinner turning onscreen. When I returned to the TV I noticed the lists had actually eventually opened and I was able to start a stream and its playing fine. It is incredibly slow though as finding the relevant info from my log and copying and pasting it on here must have taken several minutes So it does work (sometimes) if Kodi doesn't crash first whilst trying to open them, but patience is definitely required lol

Yes, version 3.2.4 could be really slow. Annoyingly slow. I know, and I hated it.

Please try version 3.2.6 and see if it works any better for you. There is now an option in the settings to choose different parsers, which will have some effect on the speed of the add-on (None is fastest and Html5lib is slowest), though choosing the wrong one may result in no episodes being displayed. I've seen varying results on my systems.

(2017-04-10, 11:00)Eye in the sky Wrote: Thanks for the update, working now on all systems (had to select Html5lib on SPMC).

Thanks for the feedback. Good to hear it is working for you.

I'm discovering that the different parsers can have different effects, on different systems. I had been using Html5lib only, as it seemed to function the same on all my systems, although it is slower. While tinkering with the code for the add-on, I noticed that my laptop works just fine (and much faster) without specifying a parser, though my HTPC would not display any episodes without one. Using anything but Html5lib on my tablet results in an error, or nothing displayed. Using html.parser on my HTPC works faster than using Html5lib, so I decided rather than forcing one parser across the board, it might be best to add an option in the settings to allow users to select the one that works best for them.

I think though, the problem lies with BeautifulSoup. I know there is a new version available, but I believe it requires Krypton. There's a thread here in the forum about it somewhere, I just need to find it again and do some experimenting. I am hopeful though, that version 3.2.6 will work well enough for all users to enjoy.

Thanks @ian1095 and @Eye in the sky for the feedback. I want everyone to be able to use the add-on and have a pleasant experience, and I can't do that without feedback from users.
Hello,
I am using Kodi-17.1 with Discovery Channels V3.2.6 and I am unable to play any of the streams regardless if I change the parser from html.parser Html5lib.
it looks as though the Discovery site may have changed the format of their listings (maybe) as looking at the error I came across the following link:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27702...ror22-xbmc

Log File Info is HERE

I hope someone can help me nail this - it looks like a fantastic plugin with a lot of work gone into it.
(2017-05-07, 00:25)steve78 Wrote: Hello,
I am using Kodi-17.1 with Discovery Channels V3.2.6 and I am unable to play any of the streams regardless if I change the parser from html.parser Html5lib.
it looks as though the Discovery site may have changed the format of their listings (maybe) as looking at the error I came across the following link:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/27702...ror22-xbmc

Log File Info is HERE

I hope someone can help me nail this - it looks like a fantastic plugin with a lot of work gone into it.

I watched an episode of 'My Cat From Hell' last night, and just checked one of the episodes of 'The Vet Life' that you were trying to watch. It's working ok for me.

I'm seeing some 403 errors in the partial log file you've link to in your post. By any chance are you outside of the United States? The content is geo-blocked for the U.S. only.

• 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discovery Channels - Matrix version 2021.10.08 available1