Lock out "reset to defaults?"
Hello...coming in with what is likely a very strange request/question.

First, I love the skin, and have tweaked it exactly to my liking. Unfortunately, my son is just smart enough to do a lot of damage, and he did so by hitting "restore skin to default settings" in System while investigating...wiping out my customization work.

Outside of putting the system into kiosk mode, is there any way to disable "restore to default" as an option, either by eliminating the link under the System menu or disabling the skin's response to the system command to reset?

Thanks for any ideas anyone can come up with.
Have you taken a look at creating a profile for you and another for the rest of the family?
You could also set the level in system/settings/system/settings level to Basic.
The rest of the family...outside of my son...leaves the entire system to me...they don't want to play like that...they're just happy, passive users. The question is how do I eliminate the possibility of default reset on one (or any) profile?
Sorry but no info on OS
no info on kodi version = can't help much
Apologies...running last Isengard from an Openelec build
Sorry friend, glad I asked.
I am just a just a Windows guy with a few MS certs.
So can't help you. Hopefully someone will come along.
I've also deployed a parallel setup onto the Win-10 laptop that I'm posting this from...I imagine that any impacted/required configuration files will be the same between them...hoping for a solution that doesn't require recompiling the app/kernel.
You know a backup is a backup regardless of platform. That is always a safe bet.
In windows it is in Start/Run %appdata%/kodi/userdata ; that folder contains all your settings.
Yup...got that. Also identified skin-specific settings in AdvancedSettings.xml and GuiSettings.xml, as well as files that get revised in /kodi/addons/skin.arctic.zephyr/1080.

I just don't know if there is a layout file in the script folder, or a layout file elsewhere in /kodi, or some other properties file, that will allow me to hide or override the "reset to defaults" command found in the app on System/Appearance/SkinSettings.
There is no doubt commenting out the reset skin settings tag in the .xml file would prevent this from happening/being executed. I am just not a skinner but hopefully someone will help.
Either way, I think it would make a good suggestion as a feature request to not display that option.
From my previous build of Titan I deleted my settings shortcut off of the front home page as it had a settings widget at the bottom of the screen. I currently run Artic Zephyr and I have no access to the settings as the only options on the menu available are the ones I ran as shortcuts on Titan.

I run Mac and have tried deleting '.plist' and still no result, each time I uninstall the app the skin reappears and the problem repeats.

Any suggestions? Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Lock out "reset to defaults?"0