• 115(current)
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v16
(2016-08-26, 06:01)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-08-26, 05:54)Wagg Wrote: The pause issue on the Shield is well known to be from both the Sling and Spotify apps. Uninstalling both usually solves the problem for most people.

I'm still trying to figure out how to not stop playback with BACK. Anyone?

That's just a keymap (wiki) file change. By default you can long-press "Back" and it will keep playing. If you want, you can swap them to the old behavior using a keymap file like this:

Code:
<keymap>
  <FullscreenVideo>
    <keyboard>
      <backspace>Fullscreen</backspace>
      <backspace mod="longpress">Stop</backspace>
    </keyboard>
  </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Unfortunately the Harmony 880 with the FLIRC can't simulate a long-press (or at least I haven't figure out how to do it). So I have to change the keymap.

Well, that works, sort of. BACK no longer stops the playback, but the refresh rate changes back to 60Hz when the menus are being displayed. When I go back to full screen it changes again to 24Hz. Kind of annoying- Kodi just stayed in the video's native refresh rate until you'd press stop, regardless of whether the menu was displayed or not.
Don't know if anyone else has had this but I just went into SPMC and all my submenus are gone, in skin settings I don't have any options to enable submenus??

Have rebooted the Shield but everything was fine yesterday as I have special playlists linked to submenus.
I noticed it had also defaulted some submenus I.e. videos menu.

Using the aeon nox skin but never had this before
Wild guess: skin has reset.
I hope you did a backup...
(2016-08-27, 23:37)drunken_prozac Wrote: Don't know if anyone else has had this but I just went into SPMC and all my submenus are gone, in skin settings I don't have any options to enable submenus??

Have rebooted the Shield but everything was fine yesterday as I have special playlists linked to submenus.

It happened to me yesterday.

Fortunately, I had set up an automatic backup every night.

So I shutdown SPMC and took from the backup the skin.aeon.nox.5 folders from the add ons folder and the addon_data folder, the script.skinshortcuts folders from the addons folder and the add on data folder and guisettings.xml from the user data folder and copied them at the right places with x-plore. Maybe it is an overkill and less folders are useful but it does not hurt

After launching SPMC, everything is back to normal.

It is faster than restoring a complete backup (although, when I restored in the past, I had to do the process of copying these folders because the submenus did not appear after the restore no matter what)

I hope this will help

Ps : I remember now that in fact, the script.skinshortcuts folder had disappeared from the addon folder. That is why "manage submenus" was not in the skin settings anymore.
So copying only this folder from the backup should do the trick.
(2016-08-27, 06:12)Wagg Wrote: Well, that works, sort of. BACK no longer stops the playback, but the refresh rate changes back to 60Hz when the menus are being displayed. When I go back to full screen it changes again to 24Hz. Kind of annoying- Kodi just stayed in the video's native refresh rate until you'd press stop, regardless of whether the menu was displayed or not.

That should be an option in the "change refresh rate" setting. There should be "Always", "Never", and "On start/stop".
(2016-08-28, 02:18)tchirou Wrote:
(2016-08-27, 23:37)drunken_prozac Wrote: Don't know if anyone else has had this but I just went into SPMC and all my submenus are gone, in skin settings I don't have any options to enable submenus??

It happened to me yesterday.

Fortunately, I had set up an automatic backup every night.

So I shutdown SPMC and took from the backup the skin.aeon.nox.5 folders from the add ons folder and the addon_data folder, the script.skinshortcuts folders from the addons folder and the add on data folder and guisettings.xml from the user data folder and copied them at the right places with x-plore. Maybe it is an overkill and less folders are useful but it does not hurt

After launching SPMC, everything is back to normal.

It is faster than restoring a complete backup (although, when I restored in the past, I had to do the process of copying these folders because the submenus did not appear after the restore no matter what)

I hope this will help

Ps : I remember now that in fact, the script.skinshortcuts folder had disappeared from the addon folder. That is why "manage submenus" was not in the skin settings anymore.
So copying only this folder from the backup should do the trick.

Thank you, I will give it a go later. Luckily I have the backup set to once a week to my SMB drive. Noticed all my music fanart is also black so that looks corrupt too :-(

The most annoying bit isn't that it's lost its submenus but that I can't even add them back in by hand because the option is missing on every menu in skin settings.
16.5.0 test thread: https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues/435

I need foremost input regarding 4K on AFTV2, that I cannot test Wink
I need some help with the location of SPMC data.

My Nvidia shield TV (3.2 firmware) is rootet and SPMC is 16.4.2
But i can not make the location of SPMC data to my externalSD!

The Path of my external SD is:
/storage/3237-3432/xbmc_data

Image Image Image

The ES File Explorer is set to root explorer, so i can copy files to SD Card.
In SU the File Explorer have root acsess but can find any option to set SPMC to become root acess.

How can i make the location of SPMC data to my externalSD?

The Folder in /storage/3237-3432/ is read and write enable in the ES File exporer Settings and not hidden!!

I have extra root the Shield TV to change the SPMC Data Folder to SD Card ;-)

EDIT:

When i try to copy some file with the SPMC file Explorer to my SD Card i become a error.
It seem that i have no rooot accsess with SPMC.
(2016-08-26, 05:54)Wagg Wrote: The pause issue on the Shield is well known to be from both the Sling and Spotify apps. Uninstalling both usually solves the problem for most people.

Yep, but I had already ruled out SlingTV (which hasn't/isn't a problem anyway) and forgot about Spotify since, though it's installed, it's not something that I use often.

But you don't have to uninstall the app, forcing it closed is enough to not make it a issue, and at least on my end, even after a restart everything is running normal again.

I can say though that just doing a reboot will not fix the issue, you have to force stop the app first.

(2016-08-24, 23:28)timstephens24 Wrote: I made a post about this a while ago. I'm pretty sure it has to do with Recommendations (and turning it off for the app doesn't seem to stop the app from trying to update Recommends in the background). In my case it was SlingTV specifically but pretty sure Recommendations is the root cause.

Yes, there probably is a connection with recommendations, but it doesn't appear to be a direct cause of recommendations.

What's weird for me is that there were no changes to my system when this started happening, no new apps and no apps had been updated. Not only that, I have 3 SATVs all with basically the same apps and configuration and only my Pro started doing this.

It seems that the issue is caused by something the app is doing at the time the issue occurs, but is not directly caused by the app itself, meaning merely having the app installed or even having the recommendations on for the app doesn't cause it. But since I can't seem to duplicate the issue now it would be hard to track down the exact cause.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2016-08-28, 11:51)Koying Wrote: 16.5.0 test thread: https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues/435

I need foremost input regarding 4K on AFTV2, that I cannot test Wink

Dash support in YT? Neat.

Even though it doesn't matter all that much on the Android TV platform, as the built-in app supports 1080p/4k, this will make a difference for some of the other Kodi plug-ins that use it.
(2016-08-28, 18:21)Wagg Wrote: [Dash support in YT? Neat.

Even though it doesn't matter all that much on the Android TV platform, as the built-in app supports 1080p/4k, this will make a difference for some of the other Kodi plug-ins that use it.

Yeah, although I *really* hate the fact that the OSD of the official YT app obfuscate the video for what seems several seconds whenever you seek, w/o any mean to hide it...
Hello,
I've just bought an Android TV, a Philips 55PUS6551, and have managed to install SPMC. I have already tested a lot of things and one thing that doesn't quite work as expected is Audio Passthrough. The OS seems to be Lollipop 5.1 on an Armv7 quadcore CPU with 512MB/16GB and SPMC offers IEC and RAW passthrough. This works for AC3 but not for DTS (the TV natively supports DTS, though) . The receiver only plays static with BEST MATCH which is usually a sign for either the bitstream having been altered by a DSP or an erroneous sample rate being used. Using the FIXED profile to set the sample rate to 44khz let the receiver decode the stream correctly, so I assume that there is room for improvement there as BEST MATCH seems to passthrough at 48khz.

Unfortunately, Android seems to pass any multi-channel content that isn't AC3 as stereo to my receiver (so far I've only tried audio via ARC). Is there something I can do to achieve a bitcorrect stream to my receiver?

If you have some time I'd be glad to provide all the supporting info for you to be able to tackle this. Thanks in advance!

One thing that would really be cool would be to be able to visualise the audio properties of the input and the output stream... maybe this could be done via an add-on and/or mapped to a key?
Since installing my FLIRC and removing the Shield remote, my phantom presses (pause and volume) have disappeared.

I'm hopeful that NV's new remote is better suited for the awesome hardware that it controls.

The remote was my only real issue that I have had with the Shield. Perhaps I should have gone with the FLIRC after my second RMA of a remote.

Anyway, thanks for the recommendation Ned!

If anyone has a similar issue, I highly recommend that you try a FLIRC with a vanilla remote.

(2016-08-24, 18:36)ixnu Wrote:
(2016-08-24, 16:18)Ned Scott Wrote: The shield controller's touch buttons might be the issue. They are prone to errors, and play/pause is one of those buttons.

This is my theory also. I am having the random pause issue (along with unprovoked volume changes).

A FLIRC should be arriving tomorrow in order to test my theory that it is the Shield remote.

Better to light a candle...
(2016-08-27, 06:12)Wagg Wrote: Well, that works, sort of. BACK no longer stops the playback, but the refresh rate changes back to 60Hz when the menus are being displayed. When I go back to full screen it changes again to 24Hz. Kind of annoying- Kodi just stayed in the video's native refresh rate until you'd press stop, regardless of whether the menu was displayed or not.

You can set the Shield to be on 23.976 as standard on the HDMI settings, which is what I do. This also helps with Netflix.
(2016-08-29, 01:09)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:

You can set the Shield to be on 23.976 as standard on the HDMI settings, which is what I do. This also helps with Netflix.

I do set it to 23.976 but I think my TV isn't actually 23.976 but 24Hz because I see a microstutter on some material if I don't sync it to display to keep passtrhough. Didn't notice this on other Kodi hardware platforms. Only seems to happen on the Shield.

Koying- There is also an annoying audio-sync problem for broadcast TV (on my HDHomeRun) when you don't sync to display. It's unwatchable. Other people have reported this too.

Thanks for all the hard work you're doing. I love my Shield- when they add a working Amazon Prime (not the android app) and HBO Go app (with 5.1) it will be complete.
  • 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SPMC (Kodi spinoff) - v166