Bug kodi locks up when opening a tv show's episode view
Thanks guys for testing, this is really helping me to narrow down the cause.

I have another testversion, now with debug 6 and 7 options

http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons...-debug.zip
OK, I will test now with 6 & 7 (then I'll have to let my wife watch the TV as she's getting a bit upset with me/thinks I'm losing my mind just browsing in and out of TV shows in Kodi for hours on end!)

I've been looking through the code too and can see what you're doing with these debugs - there's not much left to eliminate is there? - I sympathise with your pain trying to track this down!
Thanks so much for your help on this. Yes, almost all code is disabled with these debug toggles so we're narrowing it down piece by piece.
It's almost definitely a Kodi bug we're running against here which the script somehow triggers. I have a suspicion of which code it could be but only to find out with trial and error I'm afraid as I have no machine with the same issue.
Oh btw there is a typo in the code atm...

In listitemmonitor.py line 115 the NOT needs to be removed

if not xbmc.getCondVisibility("[Win.....

needs to be :

if xbmc.getCondVisibility("[Win.....
Hi,

OK, so it wasn't locking up with debug7, but was with debug6. So I took the liberty of putting in some logMsg statements line-by-line in that section and the lockup seems to be occurring when executing:

if xbmc.getCondVisibility("IsEmpty(ListItem.label)"):

I've tried it a few times, and each time I get my logMsg for the line before this, but I don't get my logMsg for either the true or false condition of this statement, so it looks like that call to getCondVisibility() is not returning.

Hope this helps. My wife is starting to look at me in a threatening manner no, so I'll have to leave it there for tonight, but happy to do any more testing tomorrow.

Thanks!
OK, thanks fo testing. I will go ahead with the code and provide a new testbuild tomorrow
OK, new testbuild...
Anyone having issues, please test if it's resolved with this version...

http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons...-debug.zip
(2016-03-17, 01:47)marcelveldt Wrote: OK, thanks fo testing. I will go ahead with the code and provide a new testbuild tomorrow

If she falls asleep three minutes into watching the programme she's watching (as she usually does), I'll quickly test it and hope she doesn't notice Wink
haha! great!
If not, tomorrow is another day
(2016-03-17, 02:16)marcelveldt Wrote: haha! great!
If not, tomorrow is another day

OK, so she fell asleep as expected! Initial testing (with all the debugX's disabled now) is looking good so far when browsing through the TV Shows - I've done it for at least as long as I did when testing without the script present yesterday, and no freezing. Will just use Kodi normally now and will let you know if it happens again in normal use.

However I did still have one issue; I had reset back to Confluence, so I rebooted (still in Confluence), installed the new script, switched to Titan, went into the script settings to check the debug levels, hit back a couple of times to exit out to the main menu, and it froze mid-way through the transition animation. It has done this a couple of times before immediately after switching to Titan from Confluence, but it looks like a different problem. In any case, after another reboot, it hasn't frozen again - I'll let you know if I see this potentially different type of freeze again.

Thanks!
Great news. Thanks for all your help.
I'll wrap up the changes in a final build so the issue is resolved.

Please keep an eye on the issue with the skin settings, that one is probably a different one (not related to this skinhelper issue)
the new beta version with the fix (and no more debugging lines) is now on the beta repo
Whats URL mercel? When I visit this page: http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons...arvisbeta/ - I dont see anything updated today. thanks.
(2016-03-17, 04:32)cleancouch22 Wrote: Whats URL mercel? When I visit this page: http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons...arvisbeta/ - I dont see anything updated today. thanks.

you're in the wrong folder. not the skin, the skin-helper...
http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons...r.service/
rPi 2&3 | android phones | fireHD8 | linux | win10 + NFS NAS w/ mySQL + props to...
libreElecyatse, titan, AELflexGet, context.manageTags (a zosky original)
Marcelveldt,

Still having the lock up issue with the newest beta 3.6.44. I think my problem may have been different because it never locked up when navigating anywhere in the skin. It was always fast and never had issues. The issue is straight up with video playback. I cannot play a video using Titan or Titan beta for more than 30 seconds.

It locks up my computer sometimes but either way I have to force close Kodi and sometimes have to just press the power button on my computer.

It is quite frustrating because I have even fresh installed windows, deleted all programs and started from scratch. I have no issues putting it on anyone else's computer and it runs no problem. It makes me think that it is a driver issue with NVIDIA. Something in titan is triggering the problem during video playback but I don't know what.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi locks up when opening a tv show's episode view0