v16 Can't connect with MythTV server properly
(2016-04-07, 09:42)janbar Wrote: @fiveisalive, have you a particular reason to setup addon using backend address ipv6 ? i.e "::1"

I think I changed it to that at some point to see if it would work. Originally I had the ipv4 version of the address (e.g. 192.168.2.51 or 127.0.0.1). I'm pretty sure I had the same behaviour, but I can change it back to an ipv4 address and retest if that helps.
changed IP to 127.0.0.1, here's the new pastebin: http://pastebin.com/0BfdseUB
Really I don't see any issue in the log. The addon loaded 146 channels / 2 groups and 246 recordings etc... I think the issue could be linked with kodi profile or database. Maybe during Jarvis upgrade something have been broken in configuration.

You could try with a new fresh install of kodi in an other host you could have (a laptop or any other). Let me know.
I am having the same issue. In my case this is happening on both my 15.2 version running on Openelec (Wetek Play box) and my 16.0 Jarvis running on my Android tablet (Samsung Tab8).

When I started the 15.2 Wetek Play box, it did some sort of an update. But, at the same time, perhaps unrelated, the Mythtv box had pending updates. Ran update and discovered that my 15.2 client would not "pull" the TV channels. (I did not realize I had an issue until after I had updated both boxes.)

To be clear, in my case, both the Mythtv backend and the Wetek Play had pending updates. Both were updated. After reading this thread decided to try the Jarvis client and it also failed in the same way.

If it is this "bad extended ISO character", what bad character or characters am I to be looking for? I may be wrong but, these "bad characters" should be coming from the channel scan preformed by Mythtv backend? (I suggest this because I had re-aligned my OTA antenna and was running scans to confirm tuner had found all the channels located by the television connected to the same antenna.)

(Hope I have explained myself well.) Any further suggestions?
About bad character encoding: Seems channel scan or channel import could load data with bad encoding in the name and/or call sign of channel. MythTV api use standard soap request/response to transfer data with client. Data are wrapped using language XML or JSON and they are supposed to be encoded with UTF-8 character set. Any encoding issue break the transfer because wrapped data cannot be decoded.

A simple way to detect this kind of issue: Check for character not in "english" alpha-numeric set.
You should cleanup name and call sign of channels removing all characters not in [a-z], [A-Z], [0-9] or [ blank, - , + ].

This issue could affect program guide too: In the case where your try to ingest data guide encoded with an other character set than UTF-8. So be sure data sources provide right encoding.
OK, I tried moving aside the ~/.kodi and starting with a fresh configuration and enabling the PVR add, but I get the same symptoms. here is the new pastebin: http://pastebin.com/Gm3NHKzt
Here is what I did to resolve my issue. Everyone may get different "mileage" on my suggestion.

I re-scanned the channels of both tuners (dual tuner Silicon-dust . . . cannot remember model, sorry) as Mythtv had some updates today. Went into to "Channel Editor" (Mythtv Backend Setup). Two of my channels had "boxes" as characters behind the "call sign" of the channel. When I click to edit the next screen did not have the "box" charactors however, tabbing to the call sign line the cursor appeared far to the right of the call sign. "Backspace" to remove the spaces and return to the initial "Channel Editor" screen and the "boxes" were gone from that listing. Cleared the second channel and exited and agreed to update the mythtvdatabase.

Both my clients now capture the channels and once again I can watch and record as before.

I hope this helps those having this experience.

Thanks.
I updated to Fedora 23, with mythtv-0.27.6-3.fc23.x86_64 rebuilt everything from git and it suddenly works, but no idea what fixed it. Sad
@fiveisalive, what did you rebuild from git please ? MythTV or Kodi or pvr.mythtv
Hey thanks! That fixed me up too. I guess the Kodi Mythtv plugin can't tolerate nasty characters in your channel name!

(2016-04-18, 13:49)bobwdn Wrote: Here is what I did to resolve my issue. Everyone may get different "mileage" on my suggestion.

I re-scanned the channels of both tuners (dual tuner Silicon-dust . . . cannot remember model, sorry) as Mythtv had some updates today. Went into to "Channel Editor" (Mythtv Backend Setup). Two of my channels had "boxes" as characters behind the "call sign" of the channel. When I click to edit the next screen did not have the "box" charactors however, tabbing to the call sign line the cursor appeared far to the right of the call sign. "Backspace" to remove the spaces and return to the initial "Channel Editor" screen and the "boxes" were gone from that listing. Cleared the second channel and exited and agreed to update the mythtvdatabase.

Both my clients now capture the channels and once again I can watch and record as before.

I hope this helps those having this experience.

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't connect with MythTV server properly1