v17 Deleting all related files (and folders) on NAS from frontend.
Guys. I have Kodi installed on a Raspberry Pi 2. Works like a charm. My movies are on my NAS. And when I finished watching a movie, I click the contextual menu, remove from library and also delete files. However, the subtitles are not deleted and remain on the NAS. Also, the directory in which the movie originally was located, remains. How can I get Kodi to delete all files within the directory of that specific movie and delete the folder itself. In fact, deleting the folder would be sufficient. I am at a complete loss. I can dream the settings, nothing seems to do the trick. Cleanup doesn't delete the files either. Thanks!!
You could delete the movie folder via the file manager.

Another option may be to use the file cleaner addon.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:XBMC_File_Cleaner

I'm not 100% the automated file cleaner will delete all files like subs though.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2016-03-15, 19:57)Dangelus Wrote: You could delete the movie folder via the file manager.

Another option may be to use the file cleaner addon.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:XBMC_File_Cleaner

I'm not 100% the automated file cleaner will delete all files like subs though.

Thanks for the reply. Obviously, I want it to be automated. I delete the movie with two presses on my remote, that should be it.

XBMC File Cleaner is not on the Jarvis Kodi repo (as it looks).

Any other suggestions?
I think it is just called File Cleaner now.
(2016-03-15, 20:13)Dangelus Wrote: I think it is just called File Cleaner now.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your help, but both suggestions turn out to be non existing. Unless I am doing something wrong it is not in Kodi Repo.
Strange. It is "Kodi File Cleaner" and I have it under Programs but I can't find it in the repo either. I am at a loss.

Also, please don't mention that other repository on this forum as it is banned for it's association with piracy add-ons.
Add-on:Kodi_File_Cleaner (wiki)?

I can see it in the official repo on both my Pi2 (OpenElec 6.0.3) and Android tablet (Kodi Isengard 15.2).

Maybe it's not compatible with Jarvis, or incorrectly set up in the Jarvis repo?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2016-03-15, 20:26)Dangelus Wrote: Strange. It is "Kodi File Cleaner" and I have it under Programs but I can't find it in the repo either. I am at a loss.

Also, please don't mention that other repository on this forum as it is banned for it's association with piracy add-ons.

Very strange indeed. Thanks for the tips, I was unaware of the policy and I have changed my post.

Any other suggestions for the time being?
(2016-03-15, 20:33)DarrenHill Wrote: Add-on:Kodi_File_Cleaner (wiki)?

I can see it in the official repo on both my Pi2 (OpenElec 6.0.3) and Android tablet (Kodi Isengard 15.2).

Maybe it's not compatible with Jarvis, or incorrectly set up in the Jarvis repo?

Could be. Do you know for a fact that it will allow me to delete the folder of a movie? Otherwise I will continue my search for an alternative Smile
I don't use it and never have, so I can't say if it would. I just looked to see if I could see it in the repo, and I can on my Isengard set-ups.

According to @Martijn its current set-up will make it break on anything other than Helix or Isengard, hence why I can see it in the repo and you can't.

I think you're best continuing your search I'm afraid...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Maybe have a look at After Watch as an alternative.

I don't know if it includes deletion of related files, but it seems to be along similar lines to the other add-on you were talking about, and if the feature isn't in it then it could perhaps be requested via the thread linked above. This post indicates that suitably set-up subs are also handled.

Kodi Blog Posts
Actually, it does exactly what I am looking for. Good find! Will try it out! Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Deleting all related files (and folders) on NAS from frontend.0