Release User Rating - Easy rate your media
Have just installed this add on and i get no popup after movie is played at all. I've set everything up correctly in the configure section but still nothing appears. Is it no longer working?
(2019-07-12, 20:30)allexnew Wrote:
(2019-04-16, 16:22)deadbydawn77 Wrote: Have just installed this add on and i get no popup after movie is played at all. I've set everything up correctly in the configure section but still nothing appears. Is it no longer working?

I have the same problem: the window doesn't appear after promote of the film.
I found out that the window doesn't appear if the movie is rewound to the end on rewind x4 and faster. If the film ends on an ordinary speed or at the speed of x2, the window for entering the rating appears.

Kodi 18.3
I also translated User Rating into Russian. The developer can integrate the translation into his plugin. Or you can download it here and unzip it into a folder /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.user.rating/resources/language/. Then you need to restart Kodi.
(2018-09-17, 02:35)themusj Wrote: Figured it out. Just a simple setting I overlooked. Thank you.
I know, I am late to the party Smile But I seem to have the same problem. Can you share what you changed so that it worked for you ?
(2019-07-12, 22:38)allexnew Wrote: I also translated User Rating into Russian. The developer can integrate the translation into his plugin. Or you can download it here and unzip it into a folder /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.user.rating/resources/language/. Then you need to restart Kodi.
Hi, sorry to be a dummy, but:

1. How do you make the rating box appear? 
I need to rate a bunch of movies and I'd like to do it without having to hit INFO first (on Estuary, anyway)
Can it do this for me? Get the rating box up with one click?

2. If I need to add something to keymap xml, then:
- where do I put it?
- do I need to add anything, such as a specific key?
(2020-01-28, 22:57)Zenji Wrote:
(2019-07-12, 22:38)allexnew Wrote: I also translated User Rating into Russian. The developer can integrate the translation into his plugin. Or you can download it here and unzip it into a folder /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/addons/script.user.rating/resources/language/. Then you need to restart Kodi.
Hi, sorry to be a dummy, but:

1. How do you make the rating box appear? 
I need to rate a bunch of movies and I'd like to do it without having to hit INFO first (on Estuary, anyway)
Can it do this for me? Get the rating box up with one click?

2. If I need to add something to keymap xml, then:
- where do I put it?
- do I need to add anything, such as a specific key? 
I can answer my own q i think:

* The keymap info above does not actually include what key to press, I think...

* Easiest and most useful way is to install the KEYMAP EDITOR addon (in PROGRAMS category)
and look for this addon (User Rating) under ADDONS category

* As an alternative, this MIGHT also be useful but im no expert:

Add this line to gen.xml, where key id="61522" is the "R" key (for Rate).

<keymap><global><keyboard><key id="61522">runaddon(script.user.rating)</key></keyboard></global></keymap>

* To the Dev, you spent so much effort on it, yet from the info provided, I expect only quite advanced users will know how to actually use it (though I haven't searched the ENTIRE thread lol!)
I have even edited the keymap file myself, so I have a LITTLE experience. But I forgot how.

Just a little more info would probably quadruple how many people can enjoy your very handy addon ! Smile

PS: Thanks ! This will save me alot of effort

<keymap><global><keyboard><key id="61522">runaddon(script.user.rating)</key></keyboard></global></keymap>
The wiki notes on keymaps (wiki) are also useful, if you haven't already found them.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
PS In case others find this useful...

I'm using this addon because the Aura skin allows you to easily add your own lists of movies you want to watch....

You may see that when you go to the movies category (in the default skin Estauary), you can see lists like "Recently added", "In Progress" and so on...

These are apparently called WIDGETS.

Aura allows you to ADD MORE widgets, and its highly customisable.

So I decided to add several, including
- Movies I REALLY Want to Watch
- Movies I wanna watch
- Watch sometime
- Movies with Commentaries.
- Movies with special features

I did this by creating a standard PLAYLIST (which you can easily do even in the default skin).

To choose the movies, I just used the User Rating System:

1 = Movies I REALLY wanna watch
2 = Movies I wanna watch
3 = Watch sometime
9 = Special features
10 = Commentaries

The result is I now have all these widgets in my MOVIES section.

And this add-on will help me go through my old FAVOURITES section (which I don't find very functional yet lol!) and add everything in!

So thanks !
3 = Watch sometime
(2020-01-28, 23:34)DarrenHill Wrote: The wiki notes on keymaps (wiki) are also useful, if you haven't already found them.

Thanks brother ! I think I found em but got overwhelmed and gave up for now lol !

Just as little more info about how to use it would have saved a lot of effort. 

Of course, scanning thru the whole wiki, I would have learnt something, but I think the last time I had to edit the keymap was three months ago lol!
PS is there a way to EDIT after you post?
New accounts with less than 10 or so posts don't have that priv. It's a generic anti-spam measure as we have too many spambots trying to dump their crap here that way.

You're not too far off those privs activating for your account, then you'll be able to make edits.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi,
unter LE 10.x on a i86 i have this error in the Log?
Code:
2021-06-16 07:27:16.122 T:1271  WARNING <general>: xbmc.translatePath is deprecated and might be removed in future kodi versions. Please use xbmcvfs.translatePath instead.
2021-06-16 07:27:16.217 T:1271    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                    - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                                   Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
                                                   Error Contents: module 'xbmc' has no attribute 'abortRequested'
                                                   Traceback (most recent call last):
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.user.rating/service.py", line 43, in <module>
                                                       while(not xbmc.abortRequested):
                                                   AttributeError: module 'xbmc' has no attribute 'abortRequested'
                                                   -->End of Python script error report<--

What can i do?
Thank you
(2021-06-20, 11:43)Coolzero Wrote: Hi,
Code:
2021-06-16 07:27:16.122 T:1271  WARNING <general>: xbmc.translatePath is deprecated and might be removed in future kodi versions. Please use xbmcvfs.translatePath instead.
2021-06-16 07:27:16.217 T:1271    ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                                     File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.user.rating/service.py", line 43, in <module>

What can i do?
Thank you
Nobody a idea?
(2021-06-24, 20:20)Coolzero Wrote:
(2021-06-20, 11:43)Coolzero Wrote: Hi,
Code:

What can i do?
Thank you
Nobody a idea?
Addon needs to be updated.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
User Rating - Easy rate your media1