• 34(current)
WIP Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds
(2016-03-16, 00:11)Karnis Wrote: Question: I don't have a 3D receiver, which means I need to connect directly to my HDTV for 3D. Has anyone had luck using another audio source like a separate sound card with optical/ toslink out so I can get core 5.1?

I tried using the HDMI output built in on the mobo but that was a no go.

Thanks in advance, I'm curious to know before I consider getting one....I thought my mobo had a toslink output but no such luck.

depending on your TV model, it possibly will get 5.1 audio from HDMI and output via toslink to your amp. my LG tv passes audio fine like this.
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-03-16, 00:14)dukester Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 00:11)Karnis Wrote: Question: I don't have a 3D receiver, which means I need to connect directly to my HDTV for 3D. Has anyone had luck using another audio source like a separate sound card with optical/ toslink out so I can get core 5.1?

I tried using the HDMI output built in on the mobo but that was a no go.

Thanks in advance, I'm curious to know before I consider getting one....I thought my mobo had a toslink output but no such luck.

depending on your TV model, it possibly will get 5.1 audio from HDMI and output via toslink to your amp. my LG tv passes audio fine like this.

I thought about that but the TV is wall mounted & getting to the back panel is a no go at this point. A new sound card would be the lesser of 2 evils. Wink Thanks anyway.
Why not using the hdmi and display port output in clone mode? Just buy an adoptor for die DP and plug it into your AMP.
(2016-03-16, 00:24)Karnis Wrote: I thought about that but the TV is wall mounted & getting to the back panel is a no go at this point. A new sound card would be the lesser of 2 evils. Wink Thanks anyway.

You could get an HDMI splitter. One going to the TV and one going to the receiver. I use one for one of my sound bars and works great.
While I wait for my DN2820FYKH NUC, thought I'd give my i5-4200U laptop (w/integrated Intel HD Graphics 4400 and Windows 10) another try w/the latest (March 15) build...

Still getting blank screen (no video, only audio), but wondering if the resolution being blanked out is the issue? For any of you using i3 or i5 laptops, are you disabling the laptop's screen and only using your 3D TV/PJ?

watch gallery

In Kodi, I have all the right settings as instructed, including 'blank other displays' enabled.

What's odd is if I enable both displays (the laptop's and the PJ), 3D ISO's play in 'stereoscopic' top/bottom format, and bringing up codec overlay shows the MVC decoder being used.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-03-16, 00:27)bollstedt Wrote: Why not using the hdmi and display port output in clone mode? Just buy an adoptor for die DP and plug it into your AMP.

Its a DELL desktop set up as a HTPC w/ a Geforce GT720 card. No display port, only VGA, HDMI & DVI.

Plus I need to go Toslink as I don't have any HDMI ports on my DENON left. Thanks anyway!

I've pretty much decided to hit Best Buy tomorrow & grab a sound card & see what happens....WTH, why not.

Question:

I assume this is a pretty bare bones build of KODI, as it won't let me build a library, other basic functions as well....correct?
@hdmkv

I see you're struggling my friend.
This is all covered in my guide.
Here's an excerpt without the pics: Try this.

Intel:
Install Intel Graphics Control Panel, Select 3D and enable if there is an option. As with Nvidia, it is part of your Driver package and accessed via the Windows program menu.
Windows Screen Resolution, Check Enable Stereoscopic 3D Settings for all Supported Displays and save.

Nvidia:
Install latest Nvidia drivers including 3D Vision driver. You probably will not need the 3D controller driver.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
Open Nvidia Control Panel/Setup Stereoscopic 3D/Run Setup Wizard.
This confirms left/right eye and that your panel auto switches into 3D mode since the wizard enables Stereoscopic in the control panel.
When finished, change resolution to HD 3D 1080p 1920x1080 set at 24Hz and apply.
Now select Ultra HD 1080p 1920x1080 (native) 60Hz and apply.
*Note* 3DTV Play is not required.

In Windows Screen Resolution, check Enable Stereoscopic 3D for all supported displays for single panel users . If you are running dual monitors of different resolution enable stereoscopic settings for all 3D displays' in windows screen resolution settings. You won't see this setting unless you make your secondary monitor (TV panel for playback) the primary monitor and turn off monitor 1 by selecting 'show desktop on monitor 2 only' since this is the 3D display. This becomes a problem for ease of use though. The fix is win+p and 'select pc screen only'. Next, right click your taskbar and select properties. There should be a setting to show taskbar on all displays or only the main display. You don't want a taskbar on your Kodi display. The setting is at the bottom in the Multiple Displays section. You only set this 1 time so it's set and forget. Once you set select pc screen only, windows will automatically switch between the two and turn off the one not in use, turn it back on when it is. So, you can be using monitor 1 for pc stuff and when you want to watch a movie on your TV panel (monitor 2), when you turn on monitor 2, monitor 1 turns off. This means windows has now auto set monitor 2 as primary and the windows resolution setting 'enable stereoscopic settings for all 3D displays' is present and enabled. When you turn off monitor 2, monitor 1 automatically turns back on.

Fwiw, blank other displays really does nothing. It doesn't turn them off or switch or anything. It just dims them dark.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2016-03-16, 00:28)timstephens24 Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 00:24)Karnis Wrote: I thought about that but the TV is wall mounted & getting to the back panel is a no go at this point. A new sound card would be the lesser of 2 evils. Wink Thanks anyway.

You could get an HDMI splitter. One going to the TV and one going to the receiver. I use one for one of my sound bars and works great.

Do you use it for distributing a single 3D output to a 3D TV & your sound bar? I did a good amount of reading on this & the consensus was if both devices are not 3D capable it won't work. Got a link to your device? Thanks.

EDIT: I can confirm 3D audio playback works selecting the onboard analog audio output to my DENON as opposed to the HDMI output to my TV. Hoping that's a good sign for 5.1 sound card plan A.
still not getting the "hardware decode' option where you choose how to play back the video - any idea on why that is ?

this is on an i5-3210m laptop - all video plays back in 2D
(2016-03-16, 01:00)dchabby Wrote: still not getting the "hardware decode' option where you choose how to play back the video - any idea on why that is ?

You don't have the proper driver installed correctly.
(2016-03-16, 01:11)Dave the Minion Wrote:
(2016-03-16, 01:00)dchabby Wrote: still not getting the "hardware decode' option where you choose how to play back the video - any idea on why that is ?

You don't have the proper driver installed correctly.

I updated the driver through device manager to the latest driver and also downloaded the Intel Media SDK file that was mentioned.

Was there anything that needed to be done once the SDK downloaded ? I don't recall doing anything afterwards and just assumed that was all that needed to be done.
"latest" is not a version.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-03-16, 00:49)brazen1 Wrote: In Windows Screen Resolution, check Enable Stereoscopic 3D for all supported displays for single panel users .

(2016-03-16, 02:17)dchabby Wrote: I updated the driver through device manager to the latest driver and also downloaded the Intel Media SDK file that was mentioned.

Was there anything that needed to be done once the SDK downloaded ? I don't recall doing anything afterwards and just assumed that was all that needed to be done.

Did you do what @brazen1 has mentioned? I got the hardware based option only after enabling stereoscopic 3D mode. If unsure, you can check the 3D guide linked in his signature.
You mean right-click on desktop, choose 'Display Settings', then 'Display' > 'Advanced display settings', and set '3D display mode' to 'On'?
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
^^^Correct.
The desktop needs to be in 3D mode and the 3D resolution needs to be at 1080p @ 24 Hz before you start KODI. Then you'll see the hardware-based options in the menus.
  • 34(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 3D MVC Bluray test builds5