• 101(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
hi, 
i'm using raspi2 + libreelec but cant get spotify working (my log file) evertime i try to login the message:
"No credentials have been set or the login failed. ..."

i've tried it on other devices (win7, android-apk) and both worked fine. so i tried to get it work by copy/paste the "addon_data/plugin.audio.spotify"-files from win7 and mobile device to my raspi 2 but both neither work. 

please, can anyone help me?
Really don't know what kind of official support thread this should be, when there's no response within 7 days...
Anyway, if anyone has the same issue and login fails with rp2+libreelec+spotify addon v1.1.55 downgrade to version 1.1.4.4 from marcelveldt's repo at github and turn off automatic updates in kodi.
Hey there!

First of all thanks for a great add-on!! I'm running it on kodi 16.1 (Git:c1c4b9e) openelec 7.0.1. My machine is a cubox-i 4 Pro. 

I noticed, after upgrading to latest version 1.1.55, that I get many drop outs, songs stop for no apparent reason (while in some cases time code will continue to move on) and the overal stability of the stream has decreased a lot. Without any changes in ethernet or internet connection.

What's interesting is that a very small but regular gap/drop out appears at the exact same amount of seconds left in each song (20 secs). So, it maybe is a buffer underrun issue, or something of that kind. It seems the exact point where the next seems to be queued or system prepares to fade/skip to the next track. But anyway, those are only far from educated guesses.

If any logs or something is required to give support, pls let me know. 

Also, I read that downgrading to an older version helped to cure some of the issues mentioned earlier in this thread. But, being a bit of a linux / openelec noob, I have no idea how to get my hands on marcel's git hub repository, to be able to install an older version of the add-on. I am currently using the BETA repository, which I got from god-knows-where... ;-)

Any help, hint or support is greatly appreciated...

Bye
(2018-04-18, 15:21)Hinnak321 Wrote: Really don't know what kind of official support thread this should be, when there's no response within 7 days...
Anyway, if anyone has the same issue and login fails with rp2+libreelec+spotify addon v1.1.55 downgrade to version 1.1.4.4 from marcelveldt's repo at github and turn off automatic updates in kodi.

Messages like this are exactly the reason I don't visit the forum that often anymore.
I've spent countless hours of my free time to make you some software for free and this is my reward ?
Man, go buy some software if you want adhoc support instead of posting messages like this. With opensource you help eachother out and submit improvements to the code, together.

For anyone else who's interested and is actually reading the conversations on Github: I'm working on the issues mentioned and there should be a resolution soon. I'm a bit busy atm with personal life and work.
Ummm... don't know exactly which post your reply is referring to. I hope it's not mine. I'm the one who's really appreciating you spending your free time giving us this add-on for free...

And...

I figured out how to get an older version of the add-on downloaded and installed in the meantime. With 1.1.44 most of the issue I described are gone. So, I'm fairly fine. BTW, I copied my post over to Git-Hub. So don't bother with it here, anymore. And since my pain is gone, close the issue on Git-Hub, if it doesn't help you keep track of new/unknown issues. Apart from (maybe) receiving (yes, also free) help, my aim was to bring something to your attention you might haven't heard before. Public beta testing...?
Hello,

As long as I'm using this addon i'm having issues and crashes.. After some time, it's always;  Spotty.exe has stopped working.. Has anyone an idea? 

I'm using windows 10 and Kodi 17.

Cheers,
Marcel
Hi There,

This addon is almost perfect. Great work! I use it on libreelec on raspi 3.  The one thing missing for me, is last.fm support.  Last.fm works om libreelec. It works on my phone with spotify. It doesn't work with this addon.  I totally understand it's not top priority. Does anyone have a solution for this issue?

Thanks,

Martin
(2018-04-26, 08:54)elegantchaos Wrote: The one thing missing for me, is last.fm support.  Last.fm works om libreelec. It works on my phone with spotify. It doesn't work with this addon.  I totally understand it's not top priority. Does anyone have a solution for this issue?
Hi Martin,

Take a look at this link https://getsatisfaction.com/lastfm/topic...bling-beta
Quote:We've created a new way to scrobble with Spotify. Instead of configuring each application or device separately, you now only need to link Spotify to Last.fm in your applications settings page. Once connected you'll be able to scrobble wherever you use Spotify. This brings back scrobbling to Spotify's web player, and opens up the ability to scrobble from Spotify Connect devices like games consoles, TVs, Amazon Echo, etc.
Hello, I am getting this issue:

https://i.imgur.com/yS2Lrli.png
Please connect to this device with the Spotify app on youyr phone to login or enter your credentials in the settings dialog.

I have of course made sure the spotify login information is correct (non-facebook spotify account, old account from back when you used account names)
I have tried launching kodi as admin.
I have tried older versions of the spotify addon.

I am running kodi from a windows 10 64bit pc.
(2018-04-18, 20:31)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2018-04-18, 15:21)Hinnak321 Wrote: Really don't know what kind of official support thread this should be, when there's no response within 7 days...

Messages like this are exactly the reason I don't visit the forum that often anymore.
I've spent countless hours of my free time to make you some software for free and this is my reward ?
Man, go buy some software if you want adhoc support instead of posting messages like this. With opensource you help eachother out and submit improvements to the code, together.

For anyone else who's interested and is actually reading the conversations on Github: I'm working on the issues mentioned and there should be a resolution soon. I'm a bit busy atm with personal life and work.
The point is, that you have time to write a long post about my behavior but not a quick response to help users that use your addon with this config. I really don't understand that. If you feel offended I'm sorry but if you offer an official addon in the main kodi forum it would be great if you feel responsible for users that have a problem within a week. Maybe I'm alone with this opinion.

Anyhow, I read an hour through different websites and postings and found a solution.

Last but not least, the version I use now is working good - thx for your time and work! Really have fun with this addon.
(2018-05-07, 15:35)Hinnak321 Wrote:
(2018-04-18, 20:31)marcelveldt Wrote:

The point is, that you have time to write a long post about my behavior but not a quick response to help users that use your addon with this config. I really don't understand that. If you feel offended I'm sorry but if you offer an official addon in the main kodi forum it would be great if you feel responsible for users that have a problem within a week. Maybe I'm alone with this opinion.

Anyhow, I read an hour through different websites and postings and found a solution.

Last but not least, the version I use now is working good - thx for your time and work! Really have fun with this addon. 
 How did you solve it? I have same issue as you
If you have an installed version of his spotify addon go in addonbrowser to the spotify addon. Press context menu and disable automatic updates. (Maybe you have to delete the spotify folder in userdata/addon_data manually).
Download version 1.1.4.4 from this link and install the downloaded zip file.

https://github.com/marcelveldt/repositor...1.1.44.zip

Reboot, enter your login data, and it should work.
I installed the addon, but I'm having some strange issues. At first I had the problem with missing credentials, and as was described at some point, I installed the Web-viewer addon, but wasn't able to login to my account. Instead, I tried installing the Spotify app, even though I don't have a Pi(?). 
Now Spotify for Kodi is visible in the "approved applications" and I also appear to be logged on to my account in Kodi. But the device isn't visible in the Spotify browser, and when I try to play any music directly from the device, I just get a lot of strange static "music".
This might very well not have anything to do with app, as I'm using a Rock64 with Libreelec Leia24, which is very early alpha, but in case I've simple made an error in the setup process, or if this a know issue with a workaround, I thought I would give it a try anyway.  
I can't say for certain that it hasn't been covered. I apologize if that is the case, but I just don't have the time to go through hundreds of pages.
Dear Friends 
As a music lover, I would be happy for some help 
I installed the spotify add-on from the repo version 1.1.56
After entering account details and approval in the site
I can see all my folders and songs on KODI
When I want to play a song (from kodi 17.6) he won’t play
Can someone would give me a tip?? What I am missing?
Thank you all
Hi,

Maybe this question has been asked a zillion times.. anyway.. here it comes.

Why doesn't any remote app properly handle the search function? Whenever you try to search (kore, music pump, ...) a text entry screen pops up on the tv.
I'd much like to search on the remote app for music like artists or songs without the need for a keyboard near my tv.

I'd like to contribute to this if you like. Your add-on is great and useful. Only the search function needs attention as far as I can tell. Or maybe I missed an option somewhere? I'm using Kodi 17.6 with Spotify add-on version 1.1.56.

Thanks.

sa
  • 101(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17