• 11(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
(2016-04-18, 12:38)rjongks Wrote: Currently I'm using Denon 3311 with my Dune Prime 3.0 play all the HD Audio with no issue.

My setup as below:
1. Denon 3311 AVR
2. 5.1 Surround Setup
3. 65" Panasonic Plasma TV
4. Dune Prime 3.0 Media Player

Today I just bought a new HiMedia Q10 Pro to replace my Dune Prime 3.0. After test for few hours, I can't get the HD Audio working. Below is the list of issue that I'm facing:

1. Dolby TrueHD - totally no sound.
2. DTS MA - play as DTS core sound.
3. Dolby Digital - no issue.
4. DTS - no issue.

Q10 Pro Kernel version: 3.18.24
Q10 Pro Firmware version: HMD-1.0.1 2016-03-22.170326
Playback Setup: HDMI Output - RAW, HBR Output - RAW 5.1, 1080P24Hz - ON.

Please help.

Thanks.
If using kodi, make sure you install the himedia Wrapper app.
You have to download this and install.
It will then allow himedia to use its internal player when playing files in kodi.
The internal player will play all hd audio, 3D frame packed, etc..

Sent from my LG-H812
(2016-04-18, 12:47)desertplanet Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 12:38)rjongks Wrote: Currently I'm using Denon 3311 with my Dune Prime 3.0 play all the HD Audio with no issue.

My setup as below:
1. Denon 3311 AVR
2. 5.1 Surround Setup
3. 65" Panasonic Plasma TV
4. Dune Prime 3.0 Media Player

Today I just bought a new HiMedia Q10 Pro to replace my Dune Prime 3.0. After test for few hours, I can't get the HD Audio working. Below is the list of issue that I'm facing:

1. Dolby TrueHD - totally no sound.
2. DTS MA - play as DTS core sound.
3. Dolby Digital - no issue.
4. DTS - no issue.

Q10 Pro Kernel version: 3.18.24
Q10 Pro Firmware version: HMD-1.0.1 2016-03-22.170326
Playback Setup: HDMI Output - RAW, HBR Output - RAW 5.1, 1080P24Hz - ON.

Please help.

Thanks.
If using kodi, make sure you install the himedia Wrapper app.
You have to download this and install.
It will then allow himedia to use its internal player when playing files in kodi.
The internal player will play all hd audio, 3D frame packed, etc..

Sent from my LG-H812

I already installed HiMedia Wrapper for Kodi. Even I play using native player the issue is there.

I even try to bypass the denon amp and direct output to TV, the HD audio also no sound.
I also have a sound issue but not play back sound.

When I pause a movie I get random popping sounds.

I have kodi audio set to passthrough. I allow my tv to decode audio and then pass through to sound system.

Very annoying. Was watching hobbit last night and decided to go make some food half way through. All I could hear was this popping sound vibrating through the house.
I haven't yet run into the audio issues you guys are mentioning. Let me ask @looun and @BigPines to comment here. For now, just to rule out possible wrapper issue, can you try via native player? Choose 'Media Center' from the main UI and play videos that way.

(2016-04-18, 09:35)Morien Wrote: How is the cpu in this box? I'm hearing great things about the box in general, but not much in terms of raw processing power.

Would anyone mind testing some 1080p hi10p files for me?

Some samples are available here (skip the first, which is only 720p) and here, Remember to turn off hw decoding for them.

Files play fine on an ipad air 2, how does the cpu of this compare to that? Shield apparently plays them without a hitch as well.

Thanks
I can test 1080p hi10p for you, but don't think there's a way to disable h/w decoding w/the native player. Remember, Kodi is simply a frontend (jukebox) in Q10 Pro. As for comparing w/Shield, I find Q10 Pro as capable for video playback. With 4K material I've tested, it actually renders 4K smoother, w/o the slight motion judder I see in Shield w/certain 4K.

(2016-04-18, 09:58)PINA Wrote: Hdmkv I have just watched your Video in setting up the Q10pro. There is one thing that concerns me is The picture settings. I have just had my T.V. & Projector professionally calibrated at a cost of £700 ($990) for the both of them to be done. I was going to buy this unit but if I have to start mucking about with the picture settings to get the Q10 Pro to work right.Of which I have just paid all that money to have TV & Projector calibrated I think this unit will be a no no. All I want to do is show my blu Rays nothing else. and be able to chose the film I want from the screen Is there a way I can use this media box without mucking about with the picture settings on my TV etc ? .
I hear you. You can disable Imprex 2.0 processing engine completely. But, I'd give it a try as Impex works in similar manner to the highly regarded Darbee Darblet. It's about the levels to which you apply options w/Imprex, as over-applying it will indeed result in nasty edge enhancement, unnatural contrast, etc. I usually pick 'optimal' and have most options at 'low'. You can also, like w/Darbee, do a split screen with and w/o the PQ processing to help you decide.

(2016-04-18, 10:39)PJDavis1970 Wrote: @hdmkv

Which harmony is that you are using in video?
Harmony Ultimate. I got it as a refurb, for about 1/2 retail price.

(2016-04-18, 11:50)robynet73 Wrote: Hello everyone I wanted to know if the problem of
microstutters is only visible on the 3d video files or even those 2d,sorry for my bad english thanks.
At this point, microstutters with both 3D and 2D.

As of yesterday and today, I'm seeing several e-mails from HiMedia about looking into all the issues. So, they're aware, monitoring, and appear to be working on fixes. Just need to give them some time as we don't want rushed firmware (like Zidoo did for example w/X6 Pro), where 1-2 things are fixed, and several more get broken.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2016-04-18, 11:43)Tricky-Ricky Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 09:58)PINA Wrote: Hdmkv I have just watched your Video in setting up the Q10pro. There is one thing that concerns me is The picture settings. I have just had my T.V. & Projector professionally calibrated at a cost of £700 ($990) for the both of them to be done. I was going to buy this unit but if I have to start mucking about with the picture settings to get the Q10 Pro to work right.Of which I have just paid all that money to have TV & Projector calibrated I think this unit will be a no no. All I want to do is show my blu Rays nothing else. and be able to chose the film I want from the screen Is there a way I can use this media box without mucking about with the picture settings on my TV etc ? .

What TV do you have? most have separate calibration for each HDMI input, so unless all are used and setup, just adjust the one that you have the Q10 hooked up to.

I own a samsung HU7500 The first two HDMIs are in use but there are two left one marked HDMI 3 ( MH) would that be OK to use? the other HDMI has ARC in brackets beside it . the only other are are marked USB
You'll need to look at the TV's manual to see which of the HDMI ports supports HDMI 2.0 (should be marked as "4K@60p/50p") to get the best 4K PQ, as well as 3D.
My HT
(2016-04-18, 14:02)hdmkv Wrote: I can test 1080p hi10p for you, but don't think there's a way to disable h/w decoding w/the native player. Remember, Kodi is simply a frontend (jukebox) in Q10 Pro. As for comparing w/Shield, I find Q10 Pro as capable for video playback. With 4K material I've tested, it actually renders 4K smoother, w/o the slight motion judder I see in Shield w/certain 4K.

Would really appreciate that, mate.

So with the Q10, it isn't possible to use the Kodi renderer? Can you install SMPC or is that a no go?

Thanks
(2016-04-18, 16:50)Morien Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 14:02)hdmkv Wrote: I can test 1080p hi10p for you, but don't think there's a way to disable h/w decoding w/the native player. Remember, Kodi is simply a frontend (jukebox) in Q10 Pro. As for comparing w/Shield, I find Q10 Pro as capable for video playback. With 4K material I've tested, it actually renders 4K smoother, w/o the slight motion judder I see in Shield w/certain 4K.

Would really appreciate that, mate.

So with the Q10, it isn't possible to use the Kodi renderer? Can you install SMPC or is that a no go?

Thanks

http://himediapro.blogspot.it/2016/03/ko...zione.html
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2016-04-18, 14:21)PINA Wrote:
(2016-04-18, 11:43)Tricky-Ricky Wrote:

What TV do you have? most have separate calibration for each HDMI input, so unless all are used and setup, just adjust the one that you have the Q10 hooked up to.

I own a samsung HU7500 The first two HDMIs are in use but there are two left one marked HDMI 3 ( MH) would that be OK to use? the other HDMI has ARC in brackets beside it . the only other are are marked USB

I don't think the HU7500 supports more than one HDMI 2.0 input, unless you have the Evo kit OCB fitted?

Sorry I was thinking HDCP 2.2 and not HDMI,
You should still be able to use the spare HDMI input (not ARC) and have different picture settings applied without effecting the other inputs.
All 4 are HDMI 2.0. Just Google your TV model and you'll see reviews indicating as much.
My HT
I am sorry to hear some of you are having issues with HD audio on the Q10 Pro. I can only tell you my experience after living with the pre-production unit for a couple months and then having the production unit for about a week. I have had no problem with HD audio at all with either the pre-production or the production unit. I left all the audio options at the default out-of-the-box settings. I do have 1080p24 setting enabled. I have a Denon AVR-X4200W AVR. Virtually everything I play on the unit is DTS-MA. Dolby TrueHD also works well. Everything bitstreams to the Denon where it is decoded and I get the corresponding indicators. I have heard no popping or any other distortion on either of my Q10 Pro units.

If anyone would like me to test a particular file or dig into my settings more, I would be happy to help.

Mike
(2016-04-18, 18:14)hdmkv Wrote: All 4 are HDMI 2.0. Just Google your TV model and you'll see reviews indicating as much.

I was thinking HDCP 2.2 only one will deal with this unless you have the evo kit., post edited to show.
Awesome man!! Thanks for the review. very helpful keep up the good job. I especially loved the video demo presentation. I would love to get my hands on those demos videos you have. Any chance they are available someplcace
Yes, I've posted most here.
My HT
Look what showed up for the party.

MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8